Branch Service Specialist, Part-time 20 Hours, Redmond, WAApply Now
- Requisition # 10039214-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Redmond, WASHINGTON
- Date Posted 11/21/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we care about the details that matter most to our clients. We have our clients’ best interest in mind, drawing on more than 150 years of experience to understand their distinct needs and tailor our solutions. We’re part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world’s most trusted financial group. Trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential. Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
The Branch Service Specialist is responsible for performing a variety of duties including, responding to customer inquiries, processing transactions, customer requests, resolving difficult/complex issues, and making quality sales referrals. The Branch Service Specialist may receive day-to-day work direction from other branch officers. Approval limits may vary based on branch assignment and individual’s experience level.
Management or Supervision: No
Under guidance of office leadership, will be responsible for:
60% - Customer Service and Operations
- Ensure understanding of and adherence to all operating policies, procedures and regulatory requirements
- Provide an outstanding customer experience when responding to customer requests and inquiries and processing transactions within assigned authority.
- Respond directly to customer issues and complaints in a timely, professional and effective manner.
- Escalate more complex issues/complaints to the appropriate supervisor or co-worker within the branch if unable to resolve directly.
- Maintain cash drawer within prescribed cash limits and meet cash balancing standards.
- Perform more complex tasks such as Safe Deposit activities, handling of customer requests/research, merchant teller services, remote branch capture, etc., in compliance with established policies, procedures and standards.
- Verify and/or approve various documents and transactions, (e.g., G/L tickets, IBC's, Customer Charges, Deposits, etc.). Delegated authority levels may vary depending on skillset and level of experience.
30% - Sales Referrals
- Identify and recommend appropriate bank services that result in quality sales and best meet customers' needs
- Participate in sales promotions and meet monthly referral goals.
- May assist Manager in training tellers to effectively identify quality referral opportunities.
10% - Risk and Compliance
- Responsible for following and adhering to all bank operational and security policies and procedures, including compliance and privacy policies and procedures to maintain customer confidentiality.
- Conform to all government compliance regulations.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have good leadership and interpersonal skills
- Familiar with standard branch technology and teller equipment
- Customer service and cash handling experience.
- Good math, reading, and comprehension abilities
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Typically requires 2+ years of customer service experience in a retail bank
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.