Project Business Analyst -TermApply Now
- Requisition # 10041742-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Phoenix, ARIZONA
- Date Posted 02/23/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Risk and Reporting Data Analyst - Term
Within the RSS Project Business Analyst Center Of Excellence is a team of data analysts specialized in hands-on data management and delivery, providing a shared facility, leadership, best practices, research, and support for Risk and Regulatory Reporting initiatives where data management is centric or a critical component.
The team is responsible for delivering data solutions specific to individual initiatives while building toward the Target State of Data Strategy at MUFG. All Analysts on this team are expected to demonstrate excellent understanding of the mid/long-term goals of the organization, internal and external stakeholders, and understanding of the Transformation Programs. With these in mind, the analysts apply efficient and goal-driven data practices in performing daily tasks such as identifying proper (Golden Source) data sets for consumption, accumulating data assets, and enforcing data reliability, consistency and standardization practices.
This position will also support management in defining organization’s Target Operating Model and perform tasks supporting the maturation of the team’s capabilities and capacities outside of data management tasks.
• Serve as a data SME
• Provide data management services by working independently or as a part of a cross-organizational project team to implement solutions through automation and process re-engineering
• Partner with Project Manager, Business Analysts, LOB Leads and Operations and Technology stakeholders to collaborate at each phase of the project life cycle
• Partner with other teams within the C Central Data Office organization, Enterprise Architecture, or the Transformation Program to learn and enforce the latest standards through hands-on project execution.
• Turn concepts into daily practices and then provide feedback to continue evolving the standards and guidelines
• Understand business and data requirements by working closely with requirement owners and their representatives (Business Analysts)
• Create data requirement documentation (DRD) to promote consistent standards for structuring and documenting requirements, using standard templates with appropriate data domains, granularity, terminology, definitions and taxonomy
• Use appropriate information to diagnose problems, identify possible solutions and collaborate with impacted groups to drive decisions
• Perform data management best practices including but not limited to data sourcing, data profiling, defining data quality monitoring needs and corresponding rules, BIM/SOF-mappings, LOV mappings, enterprise data normalization, data validation, and produce required documents to support the work to be accomplished
• Provide advice and oversight to ensure key data design decisions are aligned to the overall data strategy
• Collaborate and effectively communicate between all parties involved to build strong working relationships and maximize the efficiency of project execution
• Validate that the final deliverable meets the customer and business requirements
• 3 to 5 years of Risk and/or Regulatory Reporting experience
• 3 to 5 years of project experience as an analyst
• Minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in various data management practices including
o Data Analytics
o Data Normalization
o Root Cause Analysis
• Advanced SQL capability
• Database Analysis Tools – Toad, SAS, MS Access
• Advanced Excel skills
• Minimum of three years data requirements documentation including:
o data flow diagrams
o data profiling
o data sourcing
o data reconciliation
o data validation
• Metadata management tools – Collibra and Analytix preferred
• Reporting tools experience – Axiom, Tableau, Wdata/Wdesk, OFSAA/OBIEE
• Experience in logical/physical data modeling and coding to implement data sourcing and integration is a big plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.