RCSA Manager, Vice President - RemoteApply Now
- Requisition # 10050349-WD
- Job Type Full time
- Date Posted 08/11/2022
- Location New York - Remote Worker | California - Remote Worker | North Carolina - Remote Worker
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.This is a remote position. A member of our recruitment team will discuss location preferences with you in more detail.
The RCSA Manager will maintain the enterprise-wide operational risk and control self-assessment program, coordinating with the Business Unit Risk Managers (BURMs) and other subject matter experts.
- Maintain the operational risk and control self-assessment process. Provide ongoing support for the risk assessment methodology, design and provide risk reports, and communicate the program to regulators and stakeholders throughout the bank. Provide guidance to BURMs and module owners on RCSA practices. Remain knowledgeable about the operational risks in the functional areas across the bank, including fraud, product, project, data management, model risk, vendor management, information security, business continuity and other areas of cross organizational risk. Maintain the RCSA policies and procedures.
- Provide operational risk management consultation, training and communications to various business units as needed. Support BURMs in assessing operational risks and controls. Operational risk and control self-assessments are completed by mapping core business processes during facilitated working sessions attended by key business managers from various business entities and other subject matter experts. The process maps are then used to identify the significant risks and the associated controls to determine whether the risks are appropriately managed. The facilitator must be able to keep the discussion and analysis appropriately scoped and focused on the most significant risks.
- Gather, analyze and interpret operational risk management data at a macro level. Develop reporting on operational risk results for the integrated operational risk reports and other reporting needs.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to various levels of management in written and verbal formats. Maintain contacts with other institutions to keep abreast of their Operational Risk programs. Assist in implementation of requirements for compliance with Basel II capital rules, including the use of business environment & internal control factors for capital modeling purposes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires a BA or BS degree plus 6+ years in operational risk management or related role
- Requires a strong understanding of operational risk techniques, including the Basel II requirements for an operational risk management program
- Demonstrated experience in meeting/workshop facilitation or professional training techniques
- Ability to analyze risk trends at a macro level, identifying signs of changing risk levels and/or symptoms of process control breakdowns
- Must be comfortable in providing leadership and guidance on operational risk management to senior level managers
- Solid understanding of financial institution processes, products, and risks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.#LI-Remote