RE Quality Control AuditorApply Now
- Requisition # 10047035-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Sacramento, CALIFORNIA
- Date Posted 09/15/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
We're searching for a Quality Control Auditor to perform audits of residential and consumer mortgage loans/lines, including bank production and external bulk loan purchases.
- Perform timely audit of loans selected for QC or due diligence review: Evaluate, analyze, and assess risk, marketability, and detect errors and omissions, as well as fraud and intentional violation of policies and procedures.
- Review loan documentation for completeness and accuracy, compliance review, financial/credit analysis, desk review of appraisal and field review, and reasonableness of the underwriting decision.
- Gather, investigate, and review additional information and conduct additional research as necessary.
- Ensure audits are performed in accordance with established procedures and investor guidelines and in compliance with Bank and Regulatory requirements.
- Maintain and update various logs and QC databases to meet departmental and auditing requirements.
- 3 - 5 years experience in residential and/or consumer loan/line processing, underwriting, quality control
- Knowledge of the Bank's loan origination practices, policies, as well as agency and regulatory guidelines
- Verbal and written communication skills, mathematical skills,
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet, and database management
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.