Risk Analyst, Assistant Vice President - UnionBanc Investment Services (Remote, CA)Apply Now
- Requisition # 10046670-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Sacramento, CALIFORNIA
- Date Posted 09/11/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
UnionBanc Investment Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Union Bank, is a trusted and highly respected broker-dealer and investment advisor that has helped clients reach their investment goals for more than three decades. We offer a comprehensive selection of competitive investment services and products to assist our clients with their financial goals.
Our team of talented professionals embodies the ingenuity, exceptional attitude, and passion for exemplary client service that drives our success. We respect diverse backgrounds, talents, and skills and place an emphasis on the value each individual brings to the equation. A consistent business philosophy, a well-defined and actionable strategic plan, and an inspired vision for the future are what make us unique. Be part of an environment where you can do what you love, excel at what you do, realize the rewards, and take pride in your achievements.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
This is a remote position. A member of our recruitment team will discuss location preferences with you in more detail.
The Risk Analyst is responsible for proactively identifying, enhancing and conducting first line monitoring programs and reports results to risk management leadership and/or committees. The incumbent assists in remediation of division self-identified issues, and findings made by compliance, internal audit and regulators. The incumbent also participates in working groups and on special projects and provide guidance to staff on account level risk issues to facilitate resolution.
Management or Supervision: No
- Proactively identify business line risk.
- Enhance and conduct first-line risk monitoring programs.
- Participate in working groups and on special projects to provide guidance to staff on account level risk issues to facilitate resolution.
- Build and conduct training related to risk issues impacting the division and contribute to the dissemination of risk management best practices and measurements.
- Provide project management support in the development and implementation of risk management best practices to support business line risk priorities.
- Develop risk reports and presentations for business line risk management leadership.
- Reports and escalates as necessary to risk management leadership and promotes cultural awareness of risk management practices.
- Perform risk research and analysis, and formulate recommendations to make processes more efficient as well as identify trends and/or symptoms of process control breakdowns
- Ensure success of remediation activities through effective process monitoring
- Identify external and internal events that may impact the business, assess implications for the business, and recommend approaches to mitigate resulting risks
- Supporting business line remediation of audit, compliance and regulatory findings: creating and tracking project plans for remediation; drafting responses, compiling analytical data and source documentation, generating reports and present remediation updates to management and committees; organizing and retaining working papers; gathering requested information for auditing/examining entities; producing presentation materials.
- Conduct existing and new business line monitoring programs and controls: participate in the design and implementation of existing and new monitoring programs and controls to address business risk, directly and as a back-up to other risk officers.
Education, Licensure, Year of Experience (and type of work experience):
- Candidate should have at least 3-5+ years as an analyst with related experience in risk management or internal audit functions within a financial institution, preferably in wealth management.
Experience in developing, tracking, analyzing and reporting on risk related assessments and functions.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of SEC Regulations applicable to large banks and trust companies.
- Strong knowledge of investment management and broker dealer management.
- Good verbal and written skills for presentation to management and committees.
- Understanding of current regulatory environment and requirements.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be flexible and able to balance several priorities at once.
- Strong analytical skills and good judgment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.