Fraud Analyst II - SpecialistApply Now
- Requisition # 10032575-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location San Diego, California
- Date Posted 01/17/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Determine on fraud cases the action to be taken based on predefined procedures or escalating to management for review, which may include closing the accounts, resolving client questions from branch personnel or external customers. Evaluate cases for patterns and trends, determining failures in policies, procedures and internal controls, recommending changes for risk mitigation, where appropriate and preparing written reports to various levels or management concerning investigation and recoveries.
- Responsible for reconciling, reviewing and processing identified risk transactions.
- Determine the degree of operational risk and/or fraudulent conduct when reviewing returned items.
- Researches accounts and assesses the risk level of identified transactions.
- When necessary, contact the office of account and make recommendations or decisions within bank guidelines for exposure of potential loss situations.
- Limit potential loss exposure by placing holds or card status to limit funds availability.
- Perform any other monitoring, analysis, and reporting of account activity as required.
- Block accounts or place holds on accounts to prevent exposure and notify clients and financial centers of blocks placed.
- Responsible for evaluation and carry out efforts for prevention and recovery, account closure, reporting to ChexSystems and referring to the appropriate collection agency for recovery.
- Prepare and submit timely Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR's) to meet OCC guidelines, maintaining all research and analysis.
- Recommend and/or expedite appropriate actions to exit high risk clients.
- Consolidate evidence to conclude that an account must be closed or that the suspicious activity does not represent a risk to the bank without disrupting service to our clients.
- Prepare accounts for charge-off, and allocate loss according to policy.
- Respond to inquiries and act as the business liaison for branch/department personnel bank-wide, clients, and non-clients.Interpret case management system in order to assist management with questions and resolve cases.
- Work closely with internal partners in analyzing and understanding current fraud/loss trends.
- Evaluate cases to identify linkages.
- Identify and escalate to management other compliance or operational weaknesses i.e new account documentation, failure to follow Bank policy etc.
- Maintain Working Knowledge of related fraud applications and products.
- Typically requires 3 + years of direct experience in fraud detection.
- BA/BS preferred but not required.
- Require advanced training and understanding of prevention techniques i.e. hold decisions, new account screening, working with and reporting to Security and Investigations on check fraud-related issues, and internal tracking of check-related losses using the the Bank related applications and products.
- Domestic operations experience, working knowledge of the Bank's operating policies, procedures and compliance regulations.
- Excellent communication skills with attention to detail and documentation.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Demonstrated pro-active initiative, ability to work independently and under minimal supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office-Word, Excel and Visio.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
- Job Risk
- Primary Location San Diego, California
- Shift Day
- Schedule Full Time