Project Issues Management & Analytics Specialist, Vice PresidentApply Now
- Requisition # 10038534-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Walnut Creek, CALIFORNIA
- Date Posted 11/24/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we care about the details that matter most to our clients. We have our clients’ best interest in mind, drawing on more than 150 years of experience to understand their distinct needs and tailor our solutions. We’re part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world’s most trusted financial group. Trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential. Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
Reporting to the business unit Managing Director, the Project and Analytics Specialist is responsible for identifying, prioritizing and executing initiatives and activities required to develop and support the respective business unit they support. Work closely with business unit leadership and key partners to directly support and recommend strategies, priorities and special initiatives/projects of overall business line as well as produce analytical information to support recommendations.
50% - Project and Initiative Management
- Prioritize and execute projects, initiatives and activities to develop and support business unit
- Support business unit leadership to identify and address business opportunities and challenges
- Develop project plans to ensure on-time project completion as well as tracking mechanisms and reporting to measure success
- Coordinate efforts of multiple functional areas, monitor progress and make recommendations on workflow and timeliness to achieve completion of initiatives in a timely, cost effective and efficient manner
- Manage other high priority and confidential special projects as required by the business unit lead (special projects will vary in size, scope and nature)
- Represent business unit as project team member for other projects of strategic importance
- Analyze and present recommendations and findings to business unit leadership and develop and implement strategies to meet opportunities and challenges
- Identify opportunities for improvement and enhancements related to various reporting processes, including new reporting mechanisms
- Identify trends and the impact to goals and strategic plans and present analysis and interpretation of results
- Support business unit leads in efforts and execution of strategic plans and development of tactical steps or action plans to accomplish initiatives
- Assume lead role in other ad hoc related strategic planning processes
- Responsible for strategic analysis and initiative prioritization
- Contribute to consolidation and coordination of monthly business review materials
- Act as a point of contact and/or liaison between business unit lead and other senior management, business partners and front-line employees related to the business line
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all verbal and written communications
- Prepare efficient and clear communications on behalf of the business unit lead
- Prepare and deliver project/initiative updates and analytical information via presentations to senior and executive management
Education, Licensure, Years of Experience (and type of work experience):
- Typically requires Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience with 5+ years of progressive experience with a proven track record in the above-mentioned job responsibilities
- Business line experience strongly recommended
- Experience in financial analysis, operations, strategic planning, project management, presentation preparation and delivery to executive management required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strong analytical, verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Sound ability to partner with other business lines and establish strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to make decisions independently and collaboratively
- Ability to provide comprehensive financial analysis in addition to complex analytical and financial reports
- Requires good reasoning, analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to influence others and achieve business outcomes on time and within budget
- Must be able to successfully manage multiple tasks with concurrent deadlines
- Must be comfortable with shifting priorities, as well as with managing projects not necessarily in primary area of expertise
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.