Teller, Part - time, 20 Hours, Midway, San Diego, CAApply Now
- Requisition # 10037186-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location San Diego, CALIFORNIA
- Date Posted 07/31/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we care about the details that matter most to our clients. We have our clients’ best interest in mind, drawing on more than 150 years of experience to understand their distinct needs and tailor our solutions. We’re part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world’s most trusted financial group. Trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential. Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
A Teller is the main point of contact for customers in the branch. They frequently interact with customers and need to provide a high level of service by responding to customer inquiries, processing requests, resolving issues or referring them to an appropriate party within the branch, including making sales referrals.
Under the mentorship of office leadership, you are responsible for:
- Assisting customers with retail transactions, requests, and inquiries
- Researching and solving problems or issues
- Maintaining cash drawer within prescribed cash limits and meeting cash balancing requirements
- Applying bank operational and security policies and procedures to maintain customer confidentiality
- Identify and recommend appropriate bank services to best meet customers' needs
- Participate in sales promotions and meet monthly sales goals
- Participate in training programs that expand job knowledge and understand and meet compliance requirements
- Perform back-up duties such as remote branch capture when necessary
As the right candidate, you should meet the following criteria:
- You demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills
- You possess good math, reading, and comprehension abilities
- You love working with clients and employees
- You have an ability to learn and use branch equipment
- You obtained a High school diploma or equivalent
- You have previous customer service experience
- You have cash handling experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as a comprehensive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.