Treasury Relationship Manager, Vice PresidentApply Now
- Requisition # 10051491-WD
- Job Type Full time
- Date Posted 03/15/2022
- Location San Francisco, CA
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.This is a hybrid position. There are flexible work from home options available. A member of our recruitment team will discuss the options with you in more detail.
Manages the prospecting and sales effort of an assigned General Markets portfolio through referrals or self-sourced opportunities. Directly responsible for the solicitation of targeted prospects, and the retention of profitable clients. Represents the Bank by participating in industry/trade associations and events; develops relationships with reliable referral sources. Collaborates with sales team members on industry or specialty best practices and customized treasury requirements.
Business Development - 55%
- Directly generates new business through outside sales.
- Responsible for client acquisition and cross selling bank products and services, including sourcing credit referrals.
- Analyzes treasury services proposals and pricing models; evaluates the result of recommended pricing on overall account profitability; likely to be mentored by senior sales staff.
- Increase the Bank's market share through outside direct selling and cross-sales.
- Perform detailed sales tracking using approved sales tracking system.
- Directly responsible to participate in a structured client account retention program.
Account Management - 25%
- Directly responsible to manage the client relationships to increase portfolio revenues.
- Drives profitability through direct and cross-sales of bank products and services.
- Recommends exception pricing to Industry Manager for approval.
- Establish professional relationships with key entity principles to increase share of wallet.
- Monitor and update company profiles maintained in ESB to ensure adequate recordkeeping of bank relationships.
- Work with CDGTM Product Management to develop new treasury product solutions based on client specific business needs and conventional treasury industry practice.
- Work with Customer Service Unit personnel to ensure clients receive superior operational support.
Risk Management - 20%
- Ensure adherence to all bank policies relative to Regulatory Compliance such as the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, Anti-Money Laundering Act, Privacy Act and Regulations Q & X (RESPA).
- Certification that all related forms such as Customer Identification Program (CIP), Know Your Customers (KYC), Suspicious Activity Reports (SARS), Currency and Transaction Reporting (CTR), etc. and verify related tasks are completed within assigned time periods.
- Actively participate in any required corporate and business line Compliance Training. Follow account opening procedures and understand and follow internal suspicious activity referral requirements and processes, as required for this position. Actively work with clients to understand each client's normal account activity, as appropriate.
- Typically requires a degree from a four-year college (e.g., B.A., B.S.).
- Minimum 3-5 years of sales and relationship management experience.
- Good working knowledge of advanced outside sales and marketing techniques, Bank lending policies and practices, Bank operations and services, Federal and State banking regulations, and advanced knowledge of the Bank's income and cost structure used to measure profitability.
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) accreditation preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of treasury management concepts and principles as related to Bank products and services.
- Formal credit training may be required in some market segments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to include selling of Bank services, negotiating and closing sales opportunities, and coordinating with others throughout the Bank; preparing and delivering professional grade presentations.
- Proficient in multiple standard business software applications including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to travel locally and regionally to business conferences and events using the most reasonable method available; extensive automobile travel, including possible some overnight trips, may be required. Could require extensive nation-wide airline travel in some market segments.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.#LI-Hybrid