Private Wealth Advisor, Vice PresidentApply Now
- Requisition # 10033633-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location San Jose, CALIFORNIA
- Date Posted 02/19/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we care about the details that matter most to our clients. We have our clients’ best interest in mind, drawing on more than 150 years of experience to understand their distinct needs and tailor our solutions. We’re part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world’s most trusted financial group. Trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential. Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
The Private Wealth Advisor (PWA) provides relationship management to clients in the affluent $3MM+ market segment. PWAs are expected to proactively attract, deepen, and manage sophisticated financial relationships through the use of Private Wealth Management tools and processes. Advisors in this role need to understand the complexity of wealth planning, investment management, risk management, estate & business planning, as well as banking and loan needs of high net worth clients. PWAs are expected to deliver a differentiated client experience that supports Union Bank’s value proposition through a consultative, needs based approach and proactive relationship management. PWAs cultivate internal and external referral networks to source new high net worth clients and achieve quarterly and annual performance goals through proactive growth and retention of high-quality client portfolios with a focus on driving overall profitability to meet bank targets.
Management or Supervision: Yes
65% ‐ SALES, MARKETING AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (INCLUDING NEW CLIENT ACQUISITION)
- Develop and execute marketing and sales strategies to attract, deepen, and retain the most sophisticated $3MM+ relationships to ensure a profitable portfolio and achieve quarterly and annual revenue production goals.
- Act as a consultative and trusted advisor, anticipating needs relative to the high net worth market segment to ensure maximum profitability and cross‐sell opportunities.
- Implement defined sales processes with prospective and existing clients.
- Conduct discovery meetings, prepare presentations, follow up on client contacts and implement solutions through delivery of comprehensive Bank products and services in alignment with client needs.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with appropriate business partners (primarily Corporate Banking, Commercial / Middle Market, Real Estate Industries, and Capital Markets) to deliver comprehensive, holistic solutions to clients. Monitor, maintain and update sales activity, pipeline and other pertinent information using sales management tools.
35% ‐ RELATIONSHIP & RISK MANAGEMENT
- Develop and maintain client portfolios; accountable for balanced portfolio growth, portfolio profitability and overall portfolio retention.
- Minimize attrition risk through proactive and disciplined call program with regularly scheduled face to face meetings.
- Provide advice and solutions based on sound financial principles leveraging considerable resources and expertise.
- Analyze and respond to client’s personal comprehensive wealth management needs, including resolving problems clients may experience and ensure proper handling of service requests, balancing risk and opportunity.
- Consistently align client with appropriate channels to provide an exceptional service experience.
- Represent the Bank in the community by becoming active in professional and community groups.
- Monitor and manage portfolios to assess and minimize risk as it relates to credit and operations.
- Follow up with appropriate measures adhering to the Bank’s policy and guidelines; and consult with operational resources to proactively identify and mitigate operational risk in the servicing of client portfolios.
Education, Licensure, Year of Experience (and type of work experience):
Demonstrated professional competency with 5 to 8 years of financial sales experience in the high net worth segment required
a minimum of 5 years of commercial and commercial real estate and/or consumer lending experience dealing with highly complex cases highly preferred.
College degree required, MBA preferred; Series 7 and either a Series 66 or Series 63 & 65 licenses are required (full licensing required within 180 days of hire).
Appropriate state insurance license is required (full licensing required within 180 days of hire).
CFP (Certified Financial Planner), CFA (Certified Financial Analyst), CTFA (Certified Trust and Financial Advisor), and other related professional designations are highly desired.
Proficient knowledge of computer skills.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Possess exceptionally strong skills in the following areas in dealing with high net worth clients: wealth planning, investments, risk management, trust and estate services, estate and tax planning principles, and banking & loans.
A broad understanding of highly complex personal and commercial financial statements and consumer or commercial lending, inclusive of related policies and procedures.
Extensive knowledge of investments, trust, and credit products.
Individual must be entrepreneurial and personally driven to succeed in their market and community.
Strong sales and service orientation and must be comfortable with and persevere in face of rejection.
Ability to communicate effectively with clients of varying levels of business and financial sophistication, understanding the attitudes and behaviors of high net worth people and capable of delivering exceptional service at that level.
Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills with extensive aptitude for sales.
Ability to prospect, anticipate needs and close sales opportunities.
Effectively assemble and lead advisory team of Bank partners in addressing client needs.
This position may be subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements.
Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations (as defined by the SAFE Act) must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements.
If at any time the Bank determines that your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in your immediate termination.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
- Job Sales & Trading
- Primary Location San Jose, California
- Shift Day
- Schedule Full Time