Japanese Corporate Banking (Seattle), Relationship Management, Account Officer, AssociateApply Now
- Requisition # 10034588-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Seattle, WASHINGTON
- Date Posted 04/08/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Overall Purpose of Job: As an Account Officer, this position is primarily responsible for managing the relationships with mainly small to medium sized corporate clients, including clients with credit relationships. The primary tasks are lending products, trade finance, deposit and settlement services under moderate supervision. Investment Banking Products and our affiliate’s products may be offered to large corporate clients.
- Maintain and expand a fruitful business with existing clients and acquire new clients. Plan a marketing strategy to each client and perform marketing activities and negotiations by meeting and/or calling/mailing clients independently with some support from managers. The major products are cash management services, depositary services, loans, standby LC (letters of credit), some investment banking products and affiliate product referrals. Also will promote and negotiate, consult with other departments, such as operation, transaction banking and investment banking and primary offices in Japan and coordinate the collaboration with those functions. Negotiate credit reduction / collateral acquirement with clients, whose credit has deteriorated.
- Resolve any issues, answering inquires related to existing and new services.
- Conduct analysis on financial information to determine the advisability of granting credit for diversified types of loans. Record the credit standing of clients and prospects.
- To conduct the promotional activities and negotiation, conduct planning and reporting tasks, such as JCB-W (Japanese Corporate Banking – West) wide activities.
- Conduct administrative tasks for support clients/colleagues, such as replying inquiries.
- Ensure adherence to all bank policies and procedures relative to Regulatory Compliance including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, Anti-Money Laundering Act, Privacy Act, Regulations Q & X (RESPA), Client Identification Program (CIP), Know Your Clients (KYC), Suspicious Activity Reports (SARS), Currency and Transaction Reporting (CTR) and etc.
- Other duties and project as assigned by manager.
- 3+ years related experience in the financial services industry. Experience in a Relationship Manager type of role preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Finance/Economics or equivalent work experience required.
- Requires knowledge of basic banking principles, operations and workflow functions performed by various departments.
- Requires knowledge of depository and cash management services, of basic financial analysis and basic loan products, Trade Finance and Investment Banking Products.
- Formal credit training at a money center bank is a plus
- Bilingual in Japanese and English (reading, writing and verbal) fluency required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
- Job Commercial Banking
- Primary Location Seattle, Washington
- Shift Day
- Schedule Full Time