ALM Modeling AnalystApply Now
- Requisition # 10034552-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Tempe, ARIZONA
- Other Locations Los Angeles
- Date Posted 04/07/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
This position will report to the ALM Manager, responsible for producing the projections of Investment, Lending, deposit, expense, and fee income of the bank. These projections are used for CCAR, CECL, Liquidity risk and other financial reporting results for entities across Combined US Operations in compliance with regulatory requirements, internal Policy and consistent with industry best practices. You will develop analytical and production ready solutions leveraging QRM framework. Maintain key production processes while providing in-depth analysis of assigned risks and product profiles, working closely with senior management to offer valuable solutions for managing the Bank's balance sheet. You will contribute to maintain existing automation tools and come up with innovative solutions enhance current production procedures. Additionally, you need to collaborate and work closely with other teams including modeling teams, AMRM, ALM IRR, and Credit Risk Management.
- Develop models and tools for the ALM production for CAP stress testing, CECL, cash flows for liquidity management; continuously streamline periodic production processes
- Implement in CAP Stress Testing, CECL and Liquidity production environment models developed by the Quantitative Modeling team
- Contribute to develop initial solutions for each of these processes consistent with leading industry practices
- Leverage DMQ and support monthly ALM data uploads and analysis; support projects to ensure efficient data flows to QRM and data integrity with regards to ALM data
- Produce and analyze monthly production of lines of business budget planning forecast and provide in depth analysis and understanding of key drivers. Work with various lines of business to collect data, interpret data, and help manage the interest rate risk within each line of business.
- Produce and analyze additional interest rate risk types, such as option and spread risks as necessary
- Maintain automation tools and provide innovative solutions to further enhance current production procedures.
- Support fulfillment of complex and long-term projects from planning through implementation, as requested. Perform independent data mining, analysis, and reporting, as assigned.
- Ideally 3 or more years of related experience in a commercial bank, including accounting, financial reporting, fixed income security analysis, financial modeling, computer programming and database development, or a combination of education and experience sufficient to satisfactorily perform the duties of this job.
- Graduate (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, statistics or related field.
- A solid understanding of accounting theory, economic conditions, and complex financial instruments.
- Excellent analytical skills to perform financial analyses across a variety of business units and products; proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint;
- Proficient in SQL; Programming skill in VBA, C++ and python preferred;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, self-motivated/results-oriented, with the ability to function effectively with deadlines and work within a team environment with minimal supervision.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
- Job Finance
- Primary Location Tempe, Arizona
- Shift Day
- Schedule Full Time