Associate Systems Analyst
Tech at MUFG
MUFG is undertaking a significant transformation initiative that will make us an agile company that is powered by a resilient, flexible technology and data stack. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that put our clients' and colleagues' changing needs first.
We are looking for resilient technologists who will help us build the future of banking with a new digitally-led, cloud-first, real-time deposit system. This is a rare opportunity to transition to a modern platform as a member of this high-impact team.
Backed by the strength and stability of the world’s 5th largest financial institution, you'll help build a bank you’ll be excited to call yours.
What makes you successful in your technology career at MUFG?
Check out the top skills we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Our Culture Principles:
- Client Centric
- People Focused
- Listen Up/Speak Up
- Innovate & Simplify
- Own & Execute
As we transform our digital capabilities and enhance the user experience to create integrated digital and mobile banking tools, we are looking for strong technology professionals who have the technical expertise to guide the bank on its journey to a cloud-first, microservice-based, real-time platform.
Dave H., Head of Core Banking Technology Transformation
For more than 360 years, our passion for progress has been unwavering.
Benefits & Total Rewards
Numerous choices for medical coverage (HRA, HSA, and PPO), plus comprehensive prescription coverage, dental and vision. We pay most premium costs and contribute to your HSA or HRA annually.
Monthly financial and wellness webinars, on-site healthy living events and one-on-one personal coaching sessions.
Competitive 401(k) employer match contributions with immediate vesting. Cash balance pension, defined benefit plan with 3-year vesting, fully employer-paid.
Education & Training
Tuition reimbursement for most undergraduate, graduate, and job-related courses at regionally accredited institutions. Internal training programs/courses are also available.
Programs and resources to support family wellness, including: maternity/paternity leave, parental bonding, adoption assistance program, dependent care and family medical leave.
Paid Time Off
Vacation, sick leave, time off to volunteer, and federal holidays, as well as salary continuation during periods of qualifying disability.
Associate Systems Analyst
- Requisition # 10036167-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Tempe, ARIZONA
- Date posted 06/30/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
The Systems Analyst Associate reports to the system manager and works with a team of analysts and developers on small to large projects of all levels of complexity. The Regulatory Reporting Technology and Intranet team supports and develops internally developed and vendor supplied applications used to generate regulatory reports to the Federal Reserve and other regulatory entities. The team also supports the bank-wide internal intranet site.
- Under supervision and direction, reviews business requirements and prepares functional requirements documentation.
- Assists with configuration and implementation of regulatory reporting and other software
- Assists with Unit Testing and Integration Testing of regulatory reporting and other software, including creating test cases and documenting test results.
- Assists with the preparation of user system documentation, such as training plans, procedure documents and other materials
- Follows documented procedures to implement required software changes, submit requests for approval, request access and resolve support tickets.
- Assist to track project tasks, monitor progress to deadlines, contribute to project status reporting
- Assists with data analysis using excel, sql or other techniques, presents results in clear and understandable format.
- Prepares usable, clear and concise documents
- Make requested changes to the bank-intranet site with high degree of accuracy and timeliness
- Assists in the systems analyses, development and evaluation of system designs and solutions.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good organization, planning, and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated to learn and develop
- Work Experience Typically requires 1-3 years of system analysis experience.
- Education: Degree in computer science or related area.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.