BOS UtilityApply Now
- Requisition # 10039499-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Tempe, ARIZONA
- Date Posted 11/10/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Reporting to Bank Operations Manager, responsible for providing subject matter expertise (SME) operational support to Retail branches, BOSD, and other areas of the bank for the most complex or escalated operational questions or issues. Functions as the assigned utility for BOS areas
- Responsible for assigned the most complex, high risk situations or functions /task/area for BOS.
- Response to complex operational related questions or inquiries escalated from staff or assigned by management.
- Provide problem resolution to branches/departments.
- Assignments are in the major high risk areas that may include the following: CDAR GL balancing, wire transfer callback, sign-out and lock-up of negotiable items in dual custody and end of day RC batch reconciliation, signing approvals for various processes such as account closures, subpoenas, money judgments, regulation D, general ledger balancing and other processes as assigned. Perform research, analysis, and provide recommendations for changes to process or procedures to management, if applicable.
- With the outsourcing of some of these functions, responsible for responding to the day to day questions from external vendors as well as reviewing the quality of work performed.
- Provides guidance to the vendor on processing procedures or standards or special situations.
- Provides feedback to management on vendor services.
- Responsible for functioning as the utility for the BOS area.
- Performs any functional positions assigned, including work director, customer service associates, processor, etc. In the event supervision of the area is absence, acts as the work director and has authority to change staff's work flow, priorities, processing exceptions and as well as approving overtime if it occurs.
- Effectively schedules staff to ensure that all department processing deadlines and service levels are consistently met.
- Provide approvals within established guidelines.
- Responsible for special projects assigned by management. This includes assisting management in the development of methods to increase efficiencies, quality, and performance.
- Make recommendations to management for unit improvements or changes, as needed.
- Make recommendations to management for improving/updating/streamlining Bank policy and procedures as it relates to all operational functions.
- Continually review processes and procedures for opportunities to improve the customer experience.
- Requires working knowledge of the banking systems, products, practices including legal/regulatory requirements.
- Promote a high degree of awareness of risk, risk control measures and compliance policies and procedures among staff members.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- 3-5 years branch bank operations experience in all core branch processing function at a work director or senior level preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Bank Operations and functions.
- Requires strong leadership skills with proven ability to effectively manage the performance of others.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Requires overall knowledge of the bank's systems, policies and procedures;
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work assignments;
- High degree of initiative, flexibility and willingness to work additional hours when necessary.
- Must possess the ability to respond to critical demands of the department to make sound decisions, and have good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and maximum efficiency, prioritize work load and multi task.
- Ability to take detailed precise notes and network within the business units to gather information and resolve issues pertaining to operations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.