BSA Team Lead, Vice PresidentApply Now
- Requisition # 10041014-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Tempe, ARIZONA
- Date Posted 03/05/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed, and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
The Client Intelligence Unit BSA Team Leader is a senior level position in CIU. The position is responsible for the oversight of staff involved in reviewing, assessing and documenting BSA / AML risk matters as established under the Bank Secrecy Act, PATRIOT Act and all other regulatory requirements related to anti-money laundering and combating the financing of terrorism for all high-risk clients. Ensure accurate and complete reviews are performed by the BSA Specialists for Know Your Client documentation, and that all risk has been identified, supported, mitigated, and escalated when warranted. Communicate information to CIU management and line personnel when appropriate or action is required. Management or Supervision: 3+ direct reports.
- Oversee staff to ensure accurate and complete reviews are performed - 70% Responsible for managing the BSA/AML risk analysis teams to ensure accurate and complete reviews are performed by the BSA Specialists and ensure ongoing reviews are completed according to Bank policy and CIU procedures. Manage and organize risk trigger assignments and department work queues, ensuring critical deadlines are met. Provide liaison support and maintain effective working relationships between BSA specialists, relationship managers, and senior management. Provide mentoring, coaching, and counseling to staff to ensure appropriate research and analysis is being conducted, properly documented, and maintains the quality required. Review due diligence performed including use of outside resources. Investigate high risk client situations and provide findings to senior management to evaluate potential risk to the Bank, including the possible decision of management to exit a client, if warranted. Evaluate client situations and determine when an eQAR is warranted based on investigative findings. Drafting or lending support to an internal key partner completing an eQAR, ensure all data elements and narratives are complete, accurate, and comply with internal bank standards. Recommend course of action on most events but escalate when necessary to manager or higher level when unusual or uncommon situations are identified. Interview potential candidates for open positions. Complete performance appraisals and recommendations for compensation, promotions, and transfers.
- Data Integrity - 10% Ensure client records are accurate to preserve system integrity and provide guidance to the necessary parties within the Bank when action is required, including BSA Specialists, Relationship Managers, on various Bank systems (ESB, RCIF, SEI, NetQuery, ACM, Focal Point). Requires close working relationships with all CIU Team Members, Financial Investigations Unit, and Relationship Managers. Manage, identify, recommend, and submit changes to the appropriate Bank's systems to ensure client and department information is accurate and correct.
- Database Management and Reporting -10% Manage and track staff's assignments in work queue to ensure ongoing reporting is up to date and deadlines are met to support accurate and professional reporting. Manage workflow tools for a consistent approach and volumes across entire team. Contribute to the development of database and reporting requirements.
- Department Support – 10% Identify and contribute to department and Bank policy and procedures to ensure controls are in place. Provide support in Bank and department level projects and or work with other departments to address BSA and other risk related matters. Provide technical assistance, training, and information to staff and line of business personnel. Contribute to suggested policy changes as identified or appropriate. Assist CIU Management with audit preparations and special projects.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to research and investigate complex clients and understand their business need to conduct transactions accordingly.
- Excellent analytical skills to develop financial/statistical data and reports and evaluate flow of funds on complex relationships.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to identify various white-collar crime, general fraud, and money laundering schemes.
- Knowledge of outside resources to perform advanced due diligence.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to successfully lead and manage direct reports, including training, mentoring, and counseling.
- Ability to work with multiple lines of business relationship managers and senior management.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently and meeting critical deadlines.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and management skills that build solid working relationships within the Bank.
- Ability and willingness to work independently.
- Ability to make risk decisions within established policy and procedure and understand when to escalate issues to management for further direction.
- Experience that demonstrates the skills and qualities that are required for position.
- Prefer training and experience in management or quality assurance within the banking industry, investigative, and/or legal / compliance functions.
- Computer skills to develop and manage data, produce reports, and other materials including: Knowledge of various Bank systems preferred (ESB, RCIF, SEI, NetQuery, ACM, Focal Point).
- Knowledge of the following software applications preferred (Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, Outlook).
Education, Licensure, Experience:
- B.S Degree and CAMS Certificate preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years management experience, preferably in a BSA / AML environment.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years direct work experience in risk analysis, accounting, investigative, or equivalent with related experience in, or another related area of banking. Investigative and/or accounting background preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.