Consultant Analyst II, AVP Specialty ServicesApply Now
- Requisition # 10034236-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Tempe, ARIZONA
- Other Locations Los Angeles, San Francisco
- Date Posted 03/20/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
In-House Consulting, Analyst
The Specialty Services Group (SSG) is an organization within the Bank which provides consultation advice and implementation support for various enterprise program efforts around the Bank. Such “change the bank” programs may be driven by regulatory imperatives or other corporate priorities, and SSG augments the capabilities typically sought from Big 4 consulting firms. The engagement model follows that of an internal consulting team, with rotating engagements and short to medium term project assignments. Team members gain exposure to a variety of business functions within the organization and will work alongside different management teams in delivery of project outcomes. The team delivers a cross-functional change management competency that requires interaction with management and key stakeholders across the enterprise. The Specialty Services – Analyst works individually and in teams on engagements throughout the enterprise.
- Apply a structured methodology to assigned project engagements, which may include Finance, Risk, or enterprise-wide program initiatives.
- At the direction of engagement leaders, develop and execute project plans, status reports, and management and committee updates.
- Reviews applicable regulatory and/or legal pronouncements and determines an implementation program and approach. Performs gap analysis on existing policies, process and technology capabilities and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Designs new policies and processes to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Ensures high level of customer’s satisfaction by delivering on engagement artifacts timely and effectively.
- Conducts the analysis of business problems including making recommendations to management to help identify methods, procedures, and technologies that enhance recommended solutions and project execution.
- Provides feedback on, and generates recommendations for, process improvement, lessons learned, program enhancements, and strategic alignment with business plans or other programs.
- Provide thought leadership and analytical rigor to identify operational and integration issues pre- and post- acquisition, developing solutions, and driving decision making and escalation across multiple stakeholders.
- Manage the reporting and resolution of issues, risks and dependencies, proactively identifying potential planning gaps, suggesting mitigations to risks, actions to close issues or complete open items.
- Further the strategy and goals of SSG.
- A BA/BS degree from a 4-year college. Masters or advanced degree a plus.
- Requires 1-3 years of experience in financial services, either within a commercial banking enterprise or Big 4 management consulting organization.
- Big 4 or top tier management consulting experience strongly preferred.
- Experience managing projects from start to finish, including specific experience in prioritizing / meeting tight timelines, and/or working in crisis environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of banking activities and project delivery principles.
- Demonstrable flexibility and ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong PowerPoint and written communications skills
- Experience supporting the management of open issues (regulatory or other) from issue identification through remediation/implementation
- Experience supporting large “change the Bank” initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and successfully
- Ability to quickly establish rapport, credibility, trust, and respect throughout the organization at all levels, and be viewed as a team player.
- Banking industry knowledge a strong plus
- Strong data and financial analysis skills, as well as proven experience with stakeholder management.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
- Job Project Management
- Primary Location Tempe, Arizona
- Shift Day
- Schedule Full Time