Data Analyst RSS PSSGApply Now
- Requisition # 10034481-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Tempe, ARIZONA
- Date Posted 03/26/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Data Analyst RSS PSSG, AVP
The team is responsible for delivering data solutions specific to individual initiatives while building toward the Target State of Data Strategy at MUFG. All Analysts on this team are encouraged to demonstrate solid understanding of the mid/long-term goals of the organization, internal and external partners, and understanding of the Transformation Programs. With these in mind, the analysts apply efficient and goal-driven data practices in performing daily tasks such as identifying accurate (Golden Source) data sets for consumption, accumulating data assets, and enforcing data reliability, consistency and standardization practices.
This position will also support management in defining organization’s Target Operating Model and perform tasks toward maturing the team’s capabilities and capacities outside of data management tasks.
- Serve as a data SME
- Provide data management services by working independently or as a part of a cross-organizational project team to implement solutions through automation and process re-engineering
- Partner with Project Manager, Business Analysts, LOB Leads and OTA partners to collaborate at each phase of the project life cycle
- Partner with other teams within the CDO organization, Enterprise Architecture, or the Transformation Program to learn and enforce the latest standards through hands-on project execution.
- Turn concepts into daily practices and then provide feedback to continue evolving the standards and guidelines
- Understand business and data requirements by working closely with requirement owners and their representatives (Business Analysts)
- Build data requirement documentation (DRD) to promote consistent standards for structuring and documenting requirements, using standard templates with appropriate data domains, granularity, terminology, definitions and taxonomy
- Use appropriate information to diagnose problems, identify possible solutions and collaborate with impacted groups to drive decisions
- Perform data management standard methodologies including but not limited to data sourcing, data profiling, defining data quality monitoring needs and corresponding rules, BIM/SOF-mappings, LOV mappings, enterprise data normalization, data validation, and produce required documents to support the work to be accomplished
- Provide advice and oversight to ensure key data design decisions are aligned to the overall data strategy
- Save all work in enterprise data management tools such as Analytix and Collibra as data assets
- Collaborate and effectively communicate between all parties involved to build strong working relationships and improve the efficiency of project execution
- Validate that the final deliverable meets the customer and business requirements
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in various data management practices including
- Data Analytics
- Data Normalization
- Root Cause Analysis
- Proven history of successful data solution delivery
- Strong analytical skills
- Informed, evidence-based approach
- Solid attention to detail
- Passion for solving data problems
- Global Perspective
- Balanced knowledge of business process, data, and technical background
- Advanced understanding of database concepts
- Proficiency in SQL and various tools (Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Access) to perform job functions
- Superb communication skills, with the ability to talk and present to a range of audiences, sometimes acting as a translator between parties
- Ability to motivate others and lead change
- Ability to work under stress on multiple projects within your project timeframes
- Possess positive attitude to change
- Ability to be a solid member of a multi-functional team
- Experience in project management is a plus
- Experience in logical/physical data modeling and coding to implement data sourcing and integration is a big plus
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
- Job Project Management
- Primary Location Tempe, Arizona
- Shift Day
- Schedule Full Time