Data Analyst and Systems Tester, Assistant Vice PresidentApply Now
- Requisition # 10043495-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Tempe, ARIZONA
- Other Locations TEXAS-Irving
- Date Posted 07/16/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It is part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We are a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
*Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
This Associate role is in the Global Financial Crimes Division of MUFG Bank, Ltd. This role will be required to assist in execution of testing of Financial Crimes systems and tools for management assurance of Financial Crimes Compliance for MUFG locations globally. This will include verification of data sources, analysis and validation of data lineage and integrity across producer and consumer systems, verification of system controls over data quality, and other validation activities as needed.
- Assist in performing testing on systems with a Financial Crimes component; understand and document data flows and process flows, and analyze data input(s) and output(s) for all the systems involved
- Develop and execute scripts to Extract, Transform and Load data using SQL joins on multiple data fields from tables on various data platforms
- Analyze and understand data lineage and transformations; develop test cases to perform data quality testing on source and destination system data, including middleware and data warehouses
- Perform systems testing to ensure the conformity, completeness and continuity of key data elements from primary source systems to AML/KYC, transaction monitoring and sanctions screening systems
- Perform technical data analysis of payments related data, customer data, and transactional data in various formats, document results and develop detailed documentation of the analysis performed.
- Prepare written reports to summarize the Objectives, Scope, Findings and Conclusions for each assigned review
- Assist in other cross-regional projects or compliance testing related duties as required
- BA/BS Degree required; preferably in computer science, engineering, information systems, management technology, statistics, or a related field
- 3 plus years of experience in Financial Services, preferably in AML/Sanctions areas; a familiarity with financial crime compliance controls such as sanction screening, transaction monitoring, KYC and risk assessments is also desirable
- Demonstrated experience in developing SQL scripts on relational database platforms such as Oracle, Teradata, DB2, SQL Server, etc.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to comprehend and explain data/concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Strong working experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Project)
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional partners and senior leaders
- Basic understanding of System Architectures and documentation of AML/Screening systems desired (e.g. Actimize, SAS AML, HotScan architecture experience and/or any other financial crimes compliance systems) is a plus
- ACAMS or relevant professional qualification is a plus
- Up to 10% travel, international and domestic
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.