ORM - Data Risk Management, Director - Hybrid (Tempe/Charlotte)Apply Now
- Requisition # 10052867-WD
- Job Type Full time
- Date Posted 06/28/2022
- Location Tempe, AZ | Charlotte, NC
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.This is a hybrid position. There are flexible work from home options available. A member of our recruitment team will discuss the options with you in more detail.
This position is responsible for managing the second line of defense (SLOD) Data Risk Program, a sub-type risk program under the Operational Risk Management (ORM) Framework. Including, but not limited to, maintenance of data risk policy and standards, risk assessment guidance and procedures, and risk appetite development. The individual in this position has oversight and challenge responsibilities for first line of defense (FLOD) data risk activities.
- Maintaining a second line independent data risk management program, standards, methodology and policy, including roles and responsibilities, aligned with the Operational Risk Management frameworks and BCBS 239.
- Work with the FLOD in defining the data risk appetite, including defining business specific and enterprise-wide data risk metrics and the establishment of tolerance limits and reporting.
- Participate in and monitor FLOD governance committees.
- Coordinate with the ORM Challenge teams to provide ongoing independent review and challenge for FLOD data risk activities and compliance with the data risk standards and framework.
- Define and support requirements for execution of risk assessments by the FLOD. Coordinate with the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) team to incorporate into the RCSA methodology. Support maintenance of the data risk and control taxonomy.
- Using RCSA and other ORM tools, independently identify and assess aggregate data management risks, trends, and emerging risks. Use such assessments to determine if actions need to be taken to strengthen risk management or reduce risk.
- Perform on-going monitoring of data key risk metrics and ensure breaches are properly addressed and escalated as appropriate.
- Support production of aggregate enterprise-wide data risk reporting for management and the applicable risk committees. Ensure material data risks and events are escalated to management and relevant committees.
- Manage the execution of independent validation protocols that are risk-based and ensure the bank’s risk data aggregation and reporting processes are adequate and aligned with BCBS principles. The validation protocols should be aligned with and support the bank’s core operational risk programs, including RCSA, Third Party Risk Management, New and Expanded Products and Services, and Transaction Reviews. This will include working with the respective program owners to ensure proper coverage of data governance risks and controls in their risk, process, vendor, product, and transaction assessments.
- Partner with Risk Disciplines in review of data aggregation controls to ensure the data that is used for Risk Reporting and other critical processes is accurate, reliable, timely and complete.
- Provide leadership and career advancement for staff members. Stay abreast of evolving/emerging risks and industry practices.
- BA or BS degree, preferably in a related field of study.
- Typically requires 10+ years direct work experience in data governance and risk management in the financial industry.
- Requires extensive knowledge of data management operations from both process and technology perspectives.
- Excellent skills in data risk assessment analysis, identifying trends and signs of changing risk levels.
- Ability to work cross functionally to establish collaborative and productive working relationships.
- Team player who can excel in a fast paced, challenging environment with a strong desire to continuously improve and learn new things.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written, with the ability to document conclusions.
- Experience managing challenging discussions, with the ability to influence.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and independently manage work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.#LI-Hybrid