Electronic Banking Supervisor II - AnalystApply Now
- Requisition # 10031442-WD
- Job Type Twilight 8%
- Location Tempe, Arizona
- Other Locations San Diego
- Date Posted 12/17/2019
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Under guidance of Management, supervises assigned staff, ensuring all functions and activities are conducted within established quality and productivity standards. Assists work directors with troubleshooting situations, and assists management in responding to escalated customer service issues and inquires. Use analytical and operational skills to mitigate risk, analyze and approve transactions including exception handling, resulting in a positive customer experience. Under Mgmt guidance, performs audit, quality control, and/or reporting functions. Adheres to established budget; provides detailed budget variance explanations; participates in budget development process. Ensure Bank policies and procedures are consistently and properly administered. Assist Management in the development of methods to increase efficiency, quality, and performance. Make recommendations to Management for Unit improvements or changes, as needed. Scope of responsibility: Supervises up to 2 distinct work areas/RC's and/or up to 15 FTE.
- Effectively schedule staff and make work assignments to ensure that all work unit processing deadlines and service levels are consistently met.
- Monitor work unit records to ensure that all time accounting, productivity, and statistical measures are accurately and consistently recorded.
- Monitor performance of work unit to ensure that productivity and quality performance standards are met; provide performance counseling as needed; consistently take appropriate disciplinary action when standards are not met.
- Make recommendations to upper management for improving/updating productivity or quality standards and statistical reporting for work unit.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, performance counseling (including preparation of counseling memos and annual performance appraisals) and termination of employees while complying with all State and Federal law and and all Bank policies and procedures.
- Promote a safe, productive, harassment-free work environment that encourages peak performance and fosters innovation, employee development, and teamwork.
- Ensure that work unit consistently provides the highest possible level of customer service to both internal and external Bank customers.
- Continually review processes/procedures for opportunities to improve/enhance customer service and provide recommendations to management.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external customers to resolve customer service issues/problems.
- Work with management to help resolve customer complaints.
- Ensure that all procedures, policies and controls are consistently followed at all times.
- Promote a high degree of awareness of risk, risk control measures, and compliance policies and procedures among all staff members.
- Ensure that all staff members successfully complete all required compliance and other certifications; provide assistance/coaching as necessary.
- Participate in work unit/RC audits, SOX testing, and business resumption planning and exercises.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to management on developing potential risks and risk trends along with recommendations for mitigation.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Requires strong leadership skills with proven ability to effectively manage the performance of others; excellent customer service skills; detailed knowledge of bank's systems, policies and procedures; strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work assignments; high degree of initiative, delegation, documentation, and follow up skills; flexibility and willingness to work additional hours when necessary.
Education, Licensure, Experience:
1-2 years previous Supervisory experience required College degree with 5+ years of related on-the-job experience preferred.
e above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
- Job Operations
- Primary Location Tempe, Arizona
- Shift Twilight 8%
- Schedule Full Time