Employee Learning Consultant, AVP (Hybrid)Apply Now
- Requisition # 10053958-WD
- Job Type Full time
- Date Posted 06/25/2022
- Location New York, NY | Tempe, AZ | Charlotte, NC
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.This is a hybrid position. There are flexible work from home options available. A member of our recruitment team will discuss the options with you in more detail.
In this role as the Employee Development Consultant, AVP, you will design and manage strategic talent development and learning initiatives, including foundational skills curriculums for all levels of the organization; high potential development programs; and mentoring. Partnering with other members of the Learning & Development team, you will build and execute learning programs and initiatives as well as manage stakeholder and vendor relationships with an aim to continuously improve the employee’s learning experience.
This role has exposure to all parts of MUFG, working in partnership with other areas of Talent Development & Learning as well as Human Resources, Corporate Communications, Vendor Management, and the various lines of business we support.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the design and execution of our foundational skills curriculum, offering all employees flexible, multi-modal, and engaging ways to build practical professional skills both formally and on-the-job
- Manage firm-wide programs and initiatives that drive high potential development, including skills acceleration programs, executive coaching, and mentoring
- Use voice of the customer, data, and industry trends to drive new skills adoption and improve the learning experience for participants
- Work with external vendors and internal partners to review, budget, and source content for bespoke learning experiences for employees, managers, and leaders
- Work with TDL communication partners to educate and engage learners across the organization, empowering employees to manage their own career at MUFG
- Work with the TDL/HR analytics team to develop standardized reporting to monitor program metrics to assess success and measurable progress against strategy and plan
- Work with MUFG business and HR leadership to create a culture of experiential learning that is embedded in the employee experience
With your comprehensive understanding of talent development and adult learning as well as your demonstrated ability to achieve results, you have what it takes to succeed in this assistant vice-president role in MUFG’s Human Resources organization. Whether balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders or supporting more senior staff on strategic projects, you will advance your reputation as a trusted advisor on building organizational capability. An analytical thinker and iterative problem solver, you will continue to hone your skills through assignments of increasing complexity, contributing to projects, business relationships, and issue resolution. In the process, you will have exciting opportunities to build your skills, your network, and your career.
Additional skills, experiences, and qualities you will bring to the team:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Organizational Development, Business, HR, or Psychology field or equivalent experience. Post undergraduate work including certifications, licensing or Masters’ degree in Organizational Development or HR/business areas preferred but not required.
- Three to five years of demonstrated experience in learning and development and/or three or more years of previous experience in learning consultation or training design
- The ability to accurately diagnose root cause and design learning interventions that contribute to delivering better business outcomes
- Ability to think critically about multiple paths to success and determine which is the right path for a given circumstance
- Knowing when to make a decision independently and when to ask for alternative viewpoints or guidance before acting
- A deep curiosity and willingness to experiment/try something new
- The ability to be adaptable and collaborative - to work as part of a team or independently and with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to deal with ambiguous and complex work situations
- Strong organizational and time management skills – you can stay on top of multiple projects or priorities at once
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - articulate and able to present point of view in a clear and concise manner
- Understanding the value and function of big data in L&D
- Resourceful – using all available tools, knowledge, and information to get the job done
- Demonstrates high levels of judgment, integrity, and sense of urgency
Through your role and a variety of other experiences at MUFG, you will have the opportunity to develop technical, analytical, communication, and leadership skills that can help you to achieve your full potential. No matter what career path you eventually choose, you will be continually learning through daily responsibilities, new challenges, and colleagues. Along the way, you will have access to mentoring and training opportunities to foster and accelerate your building of new skills and abilities.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.#LI-Hybrid