End-User & Collaboration Engineering - LEAD
Tech at MUFG
MUFG is undertaking a significant transformation initiative that will make us an agile company that is powered by a resilient, flexible technology and data stack. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that put our clients' and colleagues' changing needs first.
We are looking for resilient technologists who will help us build the future of banking with a new digitally-led, cloud-first, real-time deposit system. This is a rare opportunity to transition to a modern platform as a member of this high-impact team.
Backed by the strength and stability of the world’s 5th largest financial institution, you'll help build a bank you’ll be excited to call yours.
What makes you successful in your technology career at MUFG?
Check out the top skills we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Our Culture Principles:
- Client Centric
- People Focused
- Listen Up/Speak Up
- Innovate & Simplify
- Own & Execute
As we transform our digital capabilities and enhance the user experience to create integrated digital and mobile banking tools, we are looking for strong technology professionals who have the technical expertise to guide the bank on its journey to a cloud-first, microservice-based, real-time platform.
Dave H., Head of Core Banking Technology Transformation
Benefits & Total Rewards
Numerous choices for medical coverage (HRA, HSA, and PPO), plus comprehensive prescription coverage, dental and vision. We pay most premium costs and contribute to your HSA or HRA annually.
Monthly financial and wellness webinars, on-site healthy living events and one-on-one personal coaching sessions.
Competitive 401(k) employer match contributions with immediate vesting. Cash balance pension, defined benefit plan with 3-year vesting, fully employer-paid.
Education & Training
Tuition reimbursement for most undergraduate, graduate, and job-related courses at regionally accredited institutions. Internal training programs/courses are also available.
Programs and resources to support family wellness, including: maternity/paternity leave, parental bonding, adoption assistance program, dependent care and family medical leave.
Paid Time Off
Vacation, sick leave, time off to volunteer, and federal holidays, as well as salary continuation during periods of qualifying disability.
End-User & Collaboration Engineering - LEAD
- Requisition # 10045068-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Tempe, ARIZONA
- Date posted 07/13/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
In this role you will focus on designing, delivering, and maintaining end-user applications, products, platforms (operating systems (OS), Office 365, etc.), and services, such as bring your own device (BYOD), virtual (VDI) and physical desktop delivery, end-point hardware standards, email, instant messaging, directory services, software delivery, OS policy configuration, office productivity, home drive and shared folder repositories, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and video collaboration as well as the integration of other devices and services that facilitate collaboration. Responsibilities include understanding network requirements; configuring, delivering, maintaining, and enhancing collaboration services; and automating application delivery, desktop and laptop imaging, as well as mobile devices (secure content delivery to BYOD/CO).
- Lead vulnerability management efforts
- Lead migrations to Windows 10 and Mac OSX using Intune.
- Proficient in Microsoft Intune software administration, software packaging, software Deployments, Windows update Rings, Device Compliance, Device Configuration Profiles, ATP, Windows Defender Firewall rules, Defender Disk Encryption, EDR, ASR, Conditional Access, Certifications, Edge Enterprise mode, AutoPilot, ESP, Deployment profiles, Custom security profiles, DSC, PowerShell Modules, Custom roles, Storage containers, Azure Active Directory, Automation accounts, Runbooks.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for anything related to software packaging and deployment.
- Provides guidance for configuration of endpoint protection (Microsoft Defender) and device restriction profiles.
- Ensure that incident tickets and outages are responded to and resolved in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) within ServiceNow.
- Troubleshoot till resolution customer issues in accordance with priorities set forth by the department.
- Continuously document and review recommended best practices to aide in continuous improvement and decreasing Mean Time to Repair (MTTR).
- Monitor the performance of the desktop infrastructure and make suggestions for improving efficiency.
- Provide escalated technical support and training for Tier I and Tier II technical personnel.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements including re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, optimizing service delivery and automating manual processes.
- Contribute to current and future product development.
- Provide timely, effective, clear, and concise communications.
- Create and maintain departmental documentation.
• Undergraduate degree in information technology, computer science, or a related field
• [Certifications vary on scope of role, e.g. Microsoft or Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification preferred]
• 6-8 years' related experience [specify programs/applications/platforms]
• Experience in an international corporation with a remote workforce preferred
• Advanced knowledge of Windows Server (2008-2019), Windows 7/8/10 and Mac OS [edit to MUFG specs]
• Advanced knowledge of Office 365 and Exchange
• Experience with client application installation, packaging, and deployments
• [Hiring manager should edit work experience to be appropriate for the role, e.g. Office 365 administration, mobile device management (MDM), Skype for Business administration, etc.]
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.