Exception Processing AssociateApply Now
- Requisition # 10041775-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Tempe, ARIZONA
- Date Posted 02/23/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Reporting to an Account Services Manager; responsible for determining pay or return decisions on checks with irregularities identified as fraud suspects as well as other transactions that have rejected. This position does not directly supervise any staff.
- Responsible for reviewing and determining decisions on checks that have been referred due to signature irregularities and potential check fraud.
- The decision making process includes analyzing each transaction in order to determine the best course of action to be taken in order to minimize risk to the bank as well as to provide high quality customer service.
- Responsible for direct customer contact to determine and validate information for the decision making process.
- Responsibility for making pay decisions on transactions that have rejected as a result of restraints, account closure or incorrect processing.
- Reviews accounts flagged as restraint from BOS, Risk Services, etc.
- Reviews customer accounts/relationships and customer pay history to determine course of action.
- Review of stop payments and stop suspects.
- Responsible for making coverage recommendations to commercial customers for: overdraft (OD), Nonsufficient Funds (NSF) or Uncollected Funds (UCF) situations, etc.
- 2+ years of experience in a retail branch or comparable experience in centralized banking environment.
- Strong customer service skills to interface with internal and external customers.
- Previous working knowledge of identifying and determining check fraudulent activity as well as Banking operations, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Knowledge of OASIS, TRIPS, Amdocs, Rumba and Filenet.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.