IT Project ManagerApply Now
- Requisition # 10037255-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Tempe, ARIZONA
- Date Posted 09/03/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
IT Project Manager
MUFG Americas is embarking on a business and technology transformation to effectively deliver five key business imperatives: Compliance, Growth, Business Agility, Client Experience, & Collaboration.
The Pillar 2 Transformation Program is a multi-year effort that will establish a new data strategy for MUFG, drive a foundational clean-up of the data capabilities across the enterprise, deliver a holistic operating model, rationalize and modernize reporting processes and output, and simplify data systems & architecture.
This role will be to support the overall Program Leadership team, as a Project Manager for one of our key, large scale projects. The Program Leadership team provides oversight over the Projects and has responsibility for the work of the Project Managers who support each of the individual projects. The Project team is part of an overall Transformation Program and will report through the Chief Information Officer’s Organization (CIOO).
- Responsible for the financial research, coordination, and management of assigned projects for a specific business under the direction of management
- Scope of projects may include (but not limited to) simplifying processes, improve efficiencies, meet changing business needs, compliance issues, installation or coordination of emerging technologies, new systems, and applications etc
- Present finance plans, research and statistical analysis and makes recommendations to management to help identify methods, procedures and technologies that enhance project processes
- Design and develop reporting to keep projects on target, identify issues resolution and update management on projects
- Make recommendations to management for improvements to projects, tasks and objectives
- Monitor and report trends. Requires the ability to describe business problems and their solutions to management
- Coordinate project flow with other impacted departments for the bank
- Resource Monitoring
- Update the MSP Resource Plan to reflect accurate resources' monthly allowances (hours) for the life of project
- Prepare and facilitate resource plan updates with PMs and leads & run resource plan reports
- Compare Microsoft Project actuals to forecasted hours & produce monthly contention analysis report to explain variances
- Provide monthly statistical reports on resources with FTEs and headcount data
- Maintain Resource List/distribution lists
- Microsoft Project Timesheets
- Ensure resources are accurately charging time by approving timesheets
- Act as a point of contact for timesheet inquiries for release
- Supervise the approval/rejection of timesheets in Microscoft Project & work with leads to ensure accuracy
- Ensure the alignment of the Microsoft Project forecasts with the WBS for the Project
- Onboarding Responsibilities
- Manage the onboarding process for new resources
- Request applications and software for onboarded resources as necessary depending on release/role
- Request access to Sharepoint if needed
- Responsible for resource's compliance training/recertification
- VENDOR COORDINATION
- Responsible for resource's compliance training/re certification
- Submit Background Checks, requests for Network IDs, badge access, laptops, VO/soft tokens, etc.
- Request Jira, Confluence, and Sharepoint access
- Track SLA for vendor onboarding process in Jira
- Update vendors about how the onboarding process is progressing
- Meet with vendors on a monthly basis to refresh resource plan forecasts & review actuals; update Sharepoint with any revisions
- Compare monthly vendor invoices to hours forecasted and deliverables expected; meet with leadership to determine if contract deliverables were met
- Support the SOW approval process, working with Sourcing and TPRM; support the weekly review of SOWs with those teams
- Monitor financials to ensure projects are within budget
- 4 year Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Typically requires 4+ years of demonstrated knowledge in project management experience, strong business analysis
- Hands-on banking compliance experience
- Requires advanced communication skill level of composing and writing detailed business specifications, project plans, negotiation, recommendations, reports and internal project policies and presentations
- Ability to creatively and effectively convey ideas through verbal and written communications
- Excellent organization and people skills
- Ability to manage a variety of projects and to conduct meetings and training sessions with other technical staff in accordance with project objectives and strategic initiatives
- Strong data base and spreadsheet skills
- Good analytical and communication skills
- Knowledge of business area practices and procedures
- Good knowledge of UB legacy systems; familiarity with bank services, systems, policies, and procedures
- 4+ years managing Financial Services or equivalent
- Experience with Clarity software
- Experience with Jira software
- Experience with Microsoft Project software
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.