Lead Software Engineer
Tempe, Arizona; Dallas, Texas; Charlotte, North Carolina
Tech at MUFG
MUFG is undertaking a significant transformation initiative that will make us an agile company that is powered by a resilient, flexible technology and data stack. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that put our clients' and colleagues' changing needs first.
We are looking for resilient technologists who will help us build the future of banking with a new digitally-led, cloud-first, real-time deposit system. This is a rare opportunity to transition to a modern platform as a member of this high-impact team.
Backed by the strength and stability of the world’s 5th largest financial institution, you'll help build a bank you’ll be excited to call yours.
What makes you successful in your technology career at MUFG?
Check out the top skills we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Our Culture Principles:
- Client Centric
- People Focused
- Listen Up/Speak Up
- Innovate & Simplify
- Own & Execute
As we transform our digital capabilities and enhance the user experience to create integrated digital and mobile banking tools, we are looking for strong technology professionals who have the technical expertise to guide the bank on its journey to a cloud-first, microservice-based, real-time platform.
Dave H., Head of Core Banking Technology Transformation
For more than 360 years, our passion for progress has been unwavering.
Benefits & Total Rewards
Numerous choices for medical coverage (HRA, HSA, and PPO), plus comprehensive prescription coverage, dental and vision. We pay most premium costs and contribute to your HSA or HRA annually.
Monthly financial and wellness webinars, on-site healthy living events and one-on-one personal coaching sessions.
Competitive 401(k) employer match contributions with immediate vesting. Cash balance pension, defined benefit plan with 3-year vesting, fully employer-paid.
Education & Training
Tuition reimbursement for most undergraduate, graduate, and job-related courses at regionally accredited institutions. Internal training programs/courses are also available.
Programs and resources to support family wellness, including: maternity/paternity leave, parental bonding, adoption assistance program, dependent care and family medical leave.
Paid Time Off
Vacation, sick leave, time off to volunteer, and federal holidays, as well as salary continuation during periods of qualifying disability.
Lead Software Engineer
- Requisition # 10032866-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Tempe, ARIZONA
- Other Locations Dallas, Charlotte
- Date posted 02/03/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Lead Software Engineer/Team Lead (Identity Federation - Single Sign On), Vice President
Performs in Team Lead capacity and demonstrates proactive leadership to assist Systems Manager and help lead the geographically distributed software development team. Responsible for design, development, implementation, improvement and enhancement of Customer Identity and Access Management ecosystem leveraging Ping Identity products. Provides design recommendations based on long-term organization strategy and develops enterprise level application and custom integration solutions including major enhancements and interfaces, functions and features. At a lead level, develops standards and patterns for complex implementations. Has expert knowledge of state-of-the art design patterns, application security integration, vendor products, and tools for designing, coding, testing and debugging technology solutions. Acts as trusted technical liaison between business and technology stakeholders for providing the right and sustainable technology solutions that will deliver measurable business value in quick time-to-market fashion. Researches and maintains knowledge in emerging technologies and possible application to the business. Acts as an advocate, mentor and change agent within the organization.
Assist Systems Manager, lead projects and the software development team and provide guidance/training to more junior staff. Understand technical solutions to develop integrated solutions to resolve highly complex technical and business issues. Recognized expert internally and externally within a discipline(s) and often provides strategic direction, guidance and integration of products and services. Plan and organize the development of architecture, technical support for platforms, and enterprise standards. Formulate system scope and objectives, refine the best practices and right procedures to deliver highly complex solutions or solve business problems. Evaluate software and system problems and recommend the right technology solutions to application systems requirements ensuring the architectural vision is supported. Be proactive driver to ensure overall data integrity and system regulatory compliance. Identify risk items, plan and resolve them in agree upon timeline.
- Develop standards and best practice procedures as well as solution architectures for securing API, web and mobile channels. Research and maintain high level knowledge in emerging technologies and vendor products for possible solutions and architectures to meet the business needs.
- Conduct code review for a broad variety of code quality factors. Plan and organize the development of technical support protocol, evaluate software and system problems and potential solutions to application systems requirements.
- Perform as a highly technical, result-oriented and customer-focused leader when working with various business and technology stakeholders to help brainstorm and finalize business requirements and product roadmaps in order to deliver enterprise goals. Conceive, plan and implement novel and sustainable approaches to solve complex business problems of diverse scope. Able to prepare and present complex technical concepts to executive management.
- Lead software development team and deliver highly complex projects “end to end”. Work with other technology partners to ensure production stability. Set an example for rest of team, coach and mentor junior software engineers and assist Systems Manager to build high performing software development team.
- Establish project schedules and budget estimates. Create and maintain project plans and methodologies, project schedules and budget estimates.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree or similar experience in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field.
- 10+ years of progressive professional software development experience.
- 7+ years of experience with application systems design and integration and security architecture. Possess expert knowledge and experience for application security in Web and Mobile domain.
- Demonstrated success leading a software development team, working in cross-departmental and cross-functional team environment.
- Knowledge and experience of Identity Federation (Single Sign-On), Directory Services technologies including LDAPv3, OpenID Connect, OAuth2, SAML2, OWASP Top 10, Content Security Policy.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of building Authentication and Authorization (including Multi-factor Authentication) with Ping Identity and Transmit Security products.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency and customer obsession drive.
- Sharp analytical and troubleshooting abilities, design skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment, capable of multi-tasking effectively.
- Knowledge and experience of building, running, migrating and securing applications and services in AWS is a plus. AWS Certified Developer or Solution Architect is a big plus.
- Experience in Agile software development methodologies.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.