Model Risk Manager - Compliance and Fraud, Vice PresidentApply Now
- Requisition # 10044868-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Tempe, ARIZONA
- Date Posted 07/29/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed, and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
Utilizing Models for decision making introduces Model Risk. Americas Model Risk Management's strategic vision is to actively identify, monitor and report on MUFG Americas Model risk in a transparent and timely manner. Serving as a model validation lead for analytics models in use across the Americas with a focus on Compliance and Fraud areas. The candidates will contribute to highly visible enterprise-wide model validation and control function in the organization. Americas Model Risk Management touches models across all lines of businesses in the Americas and the candidate will have opportunities to work in validation of all areas of the bank.
- Independent testing and documenting validation results, including analyzing and interpreting statistical data, assessments of model conceptual soundness, evaluation of data and assumptions, testing model computational accuracy, and performing outcomes analysis
- Managing the resolution of findings, recommending management action plans, and tracking remediation progress
- Assisting in the development, maintenance and implementation of the Bank’s Model Risk Management Program utilizing statistical methods
- 5-7 years of experience in the banking industry in a risk management capacity related to transaction monitoring and modeling in the Compliance (OFAC, BSA/AML) or Fraud spaces
- Proficiency in SAS, Python, and R is preferred
- Academic or industry experience with exposure to the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) are preferred
- Priority setting, problem solving, negotiating, and conflict management skills are preferred
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently
- Experience working with offshore partners preferred
- Good interpersonal communication skills preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Business (MBA), Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field (or foreign equivalent degree). Advanced degree preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.