Procurement Director – Financial Applications - Ariba (Phoenix, Arizona based)Apply Now
- Requisition # 10036572-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Tempe, ARIZONA
- Date Posted 08/06/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Procurement Director – Financial Applications - Ariba (Phoenix, Arizona based)
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Reporting to Director Procurement Systems, the role will be responsible for reporting, analytics for the Procurement and related finance applications (Ariba & Concur). The Director is responsible for ensuring that the procurement & finance decision support software applications continue to align and support the business needs. This position is also responsible for providing, operational management and strategy for the day to day management of the procurement (Supply Chain Management) finance applications within Procurement Operations of America (POA) area, managing the business needs SAP/Ariba, SAP/Concur, Tableau, TEMS and Reporting; manages the delivery of current system product knowledge and develops the requirements of the future vision as the organizational and competitive landscape changes. This role also manages the relationship with the central technology groups to insure that FMA business needs continue to be captured and implemented within the Infrastructure. Directly supervises 5 managers and several indirect reports.
- Application alignment, development, and change control Identifies/defines FMA (FOA) business needs and aligns them with technology solutions and implementation. Responsible for day to day business systems operations and maintenance of SAP/ARIBA (Ariba), SAP/Concur and Reporting
- Program Management In conjunction with the Finance Transformation Office, accountable for the deployment of new POA technologies, and alignment of those technologies to a changing business landscape, including international expansion and the development of new constituents related to expansion. Drives management data management alignment for Reporting
- FOA system's relationship management, prioritization, and analytics. Communicates and collaborates with other finance managers to provide appropriate and timely resources for efficient and effective completion of tasks and projects
- Staff and resource management manages a team of up to 5 Analysts & Managers. Responsible for directly supervising staff, including interviewing, hiring, terminations; recommending salary changes, job promotions; setting work hours, conducting counseling /performance reviews, and planning of the staff ‘s work. Also directs work of outsourced resources
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required; an M.B.A. or M.S. is preferred
- A minimum of 10 to 15+ years of related Procurement, Finance and IT work experience, with at least 5 years of experience managing multiple, medium to large projects; specific experience working with financial reporting applications, enterprise wide ERP solutions, and management reporting requirements
- Familiarity with Ariba or similar related procurement applications
- Must have a strong background in banking finance applications and how they interact with front end finance and back office information technology
- Must be a strong communicator with the ability to approach decisions in a conclusive manner while building support for the decisions across various constituencies
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.