Quality Assurance Analyst
Tech at MUFG
MUFG is undertaking a significant transformation initiative that will make us an agile company that is powered by a resilient, flexible technology and data stack. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that put our clients' and colleagues' changing needs first.
We are looking for resilient technologists who will help us build the future of banking with a new digitally-led, cloud-first, real-time deposit system. This is a rare opportunity to transition to a modern platform as a member of this high-impact team.
Backed by the strength and stability of the world’s 5th largest financial institution, you'll help build a bank you’ll be excited to call yours.
What makes you successful in your technology career at MUFG?
Check out the top skills we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Our Culture Principles:
- Client Centric
- People Focused
- Listen Up/Speak Up
- Innovate & Simplify
- Own & Execute
As we transform our digital capabilities and enhance the user experience to create integrated digital and mobile banking tools, we are looking for strong technology professionals who have the technical expertise to guide the bank on its journey to a cloud-first, microservice-based, real-time platform.
Dave H., Head of Core Banking Technology Transformation
For more than 360 years, our passion for progress has been unwavering.
Benefits & Total Rewards
Numerous choices for medical coverage (HRA, HSA, and PPO), plus comprehensive prescription coverage, dental and vision. We pay most premium costs and contribute to your HSA or HRA annually.
Monthly financial and wellness webinars, on-site healthy living events and one-on-one personal coaching sessions.
Competitive 401(k) employer match contributions with immediate vesting. Cash balance pension, defined benefit plan with 3-year vesting, fully employer-paid.
Education & Training
Tuition reimbursement for most undergraduate, graduate, and job-related courses at regionally accredited institutions. Internal training programs/courses are also available.
Programs and resources to support family wellness, including: maternity/paternity leave, parental bonding, adoption assistance program, dependent care and family medical leave.
Paid Time Off
Vacation, sick leave, time off to volunteer, and federal holidays, as well as salary continuation during periods of qualifying disability.
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Requisition # 10037594-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Tempe, ARIZONA
- Date posted 09/18/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
The individual in this role will work with Test Managers, IT, and business colleagues to ensure that all changes are fully tested and fit for purpose, working to add value and identify all critical and/or high defects prior to implementation. This person will create and maintain test plans, test scripts, and schedules. Additionally, he or she will execute test scripts, raise defects and help manage the test effort through to closure.
- Works with business and IT to understand the requirements and design ensuring that the system solution fully meets business requirements.
- Uses own knowledge of business to form recommendations.
- Validates the requirements.
- Has the ability to review and critique requirements for testability.
- Provides recommendations to change requirements to make them more readable and/or testable. Understands the importance of requirements traceability.
- Ability to create and maintain test plans, test scripts, test schedules and test completion reports including adverse test scenarios where required.
- Able to estimate time required for execution.
- Identifies required test data and high level test environment requirements for the test execution and works with test management and IT to plan accordingly.
- Undertakes UAT to ensure that the defined business requirements are fully tested prior to roll out. This may include the testing of new or revised business processes.
- Ensures that UAT for allocated projects is completed within agreed timelines and to a high level of quality.
- Raises defects during test execution and suggests appropriate actions.
- Assists with the management and tracking of defects through to closure.
- Effectively communicates with peers and project team both through email and via face-to-face interactions.
- 4 year degree is required with 8+ years of work experience in software quality assurance and/or user acceptance testing, and at least 4 to 6 years specific experience in the Mortgage domain.
- Experience testing loan origination products like Empower or Lender Price is highly preferred.
- Competency with Microsoft Office Software Applications - Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Demonstrable planning, estimating, numeracy and analytical skills are a must.
- Foundation level certification in software testing and experience with tools like ALM, JIRA, UFT, Selenium, and SQL is preferred.
- Experience working in an agile model is a plus.
- Demonstrates the following core competencies: Deliver extraordinary customer experiences, drive for results, communicate effectively and professionally, balance risk with opportunity, influence and inspire others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.