Risk Reporting Associate, Assistant Vice PresidentApply Now
- Requisition # 10044999-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Tempe, ARIZONA
- Date Posted 07/14/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed, and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
This is a hybrid position. You will work at an MUFG facility an average of one to three days per week, with the remainder being worked remotely. There are flexible work-from-home options available. A member of our recruitment team will discuss the options with you in more detail.
Assistant Vice President (AVP) content Managment role responsible for preparing risk reports for various audiences, including Second Line of Defense (SLoD) Risk Discipline Leaders, Risk Committee Meetings, the Board, and Home Office. Partner with and guide SLoD Risk Discipline Leaders from initial report content creation through final report owner certification. Concisely and clearly translate qualitative metrics into commentary on program risk trends and initatives. This is a highly visible role that provides the opportunity for regular interaction with senior executives. May provide work direction to junior analysts or act as a project leader.
- Form and maintain relationships with senior leaders and their team as a reporting shared service..
- Interpret metrics and trends to draft impactful, Board-worthy commentary.
- Proofread report content for clarity, completeness, consistency, and accuracy.
- Support effective credible challenge of data and report content.
- Drive process to finalize and deliver reports timely, including gathering approvals and final report certification from risk leaders.Enforce relevant governance documentation.
- Collaborate with Chief Data Office, to resolve data incidents when data issues are identified.
- Support project work, including, but not limited to, the Bank’s Transformation Program to improve data governance, infrastructure, reporting, and inventories.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 5+ years reporting, project management, or comparable experience.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building, and stakeholder engagement skills essential.
- Ability to analyze, synthesize, summarize, and prioritize disparate data succinctly.
- Determined and meticulous while aslo being flexible and able to navigate uncertainties that may arise in time sensitive report production environment.
- Highly organized, able to multi-task, and manage time across multiple projects.
- Excellent verbal/ written communication, especially detail-oriented proofreading.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of Tableau or Workiva WDesk a plus.
- Knowledge of banking guidance from regulators (BCBS 239) a plus.
- Broad knowledge of banking functions with focus on Information Risk, Operational Risk and Model Risk a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.