Basel Risk Weighted Assets (RWA) Reporting Analyst, AVPApply Now
- Requisition # 10034656-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Tempe, ARIZONA
- Other Locations Oakland
- Date Posted 03/28/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Basel Reporting Team under Reporting Shared Service is primarily responsible for supporting the Bank’s Basel III Risk Weighted Assets (RWA) and capital calculation and reporting process.
- Prepare and deliver FR Y-9C HC-R, Call Report RC-R, CCAR 14Q/A Regulatory Capital schedules
- Support the RWA calculation process including performing reconciliation with other report schedules, validation of risk weighted assets, issues investigation and remediation and preparation of work papers.
- Prepare & present analysis of quarterly variance trends of RWA and capital results and develop analytics for results presentation to executive management
- Act as a rule SME for Basel III Risk Weighted Assets (RWA) & capital rules as well as understand the end to end banks capital calculation process including data lineage, system flows etc.
Participate in change management including integrating new products, changes in regulatory treatments, enhancements and bug fixes into RWA engine
- Profound skill to analyze large data sets
- Excellent skill to formulate and discuss business requirements with the technology teams
- Prior experience with performing user acceptance testing (UAT) and writing artifacts
- Monitor and stay abreast of regulatory changes, interpret those changes into reporting requirements, and partner with technology and business areas to implement processes to source and report the data for capital calculation
- Prepare and maintain memos and workpapers documenting processes & procedures used for quarterly reporting, internal control and related documentation.
- Assist in the requests from regulators, internal auditors, Quality Assurance and other teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field.
- 5+ years of related work experience and financial services industry experience
- Working understanding of US Basel III regulatory rules/regulations and hands on experience with the capital calculations
- Previous Regulatory reporting experience in the preparation of various US Regulatory Reports such as FR Y-9C, Call Report or CCAR 14Q/M/A.
- Strong presentation and written communication skills
- Problem resolution experience requiring strong analytical skills, sound judgment and ability to work effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work under time pressure and handle multiple tasks/projects at the same time
- Ability to work with large volumes of data from different sources and knowledge on systems
- Solid understanding of banking products
- Strong MS Office skills (specifically Access, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Preferred but not required:
- Masters in Accounting, Business; Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or International Equivalent; Certified Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Experience with the AXIOM application (preferably RWA module)
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite: VBA, Macros and ability to model and create complex spreadsheets.
- Strong risk & control awareness
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
- Job Finance
- Primary Location Tempe, Arizona
- Shift Day
- Schedule Full Time