Senior Audit Consultant - Associate / Assistant Vice PresidentApply Now
- Requisition # 10042729-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Tempe, ARIZONA
- Other Locations CALIFORNIA-Brea, NORTH CAROLINA-Charlotte
- Date Posted 07/22/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Note: Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
We're searching for a Senior Auditor with banking/financial services/Big 4 experience to join the team responsible for auditing trust, investement management, broker dealer, fund administration, and transaction bank activities. You will execute assigned audits, including planning, fieldwork, reporting, and issue tracking. Internal Audit for the Americas acts in the third line of defense, independently assessing first and second line management's effectiveness in identifying, measuring, monitoring and reporting the risks of the Bank.
• Lead interviews of process owners to develop understanding of business processes.
• Identify potential risks and controls, and assist in developing scope and work programs.
• Evaluate internal controls design and effectiveness.
• Identify control weaknesses and suggest appropriate remediation.
• Document results using appropriate business and technical language.
• Assist with work paper review and report preparation.
• Maintain compliance with audit methodology, while also operating within industry best practices, applicable regulations, and internal and external professional practice expectations.
The right candidate will have:
• 5 or more years experience, including experience with large, complex financial institutions
• Ability to identify and understand controls in changing environments
• Critical thinking, analytical, and project management skills
• Strong oral and written communication, including the ability to write clear, concise, non-technical and persuasive risk evaluation reports
• Ability to travel up to 10%
• Bachelor's degree
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.