Senior Business Analyst
Tech at MUFG
MUFG is undertaking a significant transformation initiative that will make us an agile company that is powered by a resilient, flexible technology and data stack. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that put our clients' and colleagues' changing needs first.
We are looking for resilient technologists who will help us build the future of banking with a new digitally-led, cloud-first, real-time deposit system. This is a rare opportunity to transition to a modern platform as a member of this high-impact team.
Backed by the strength and stability of the world’s 5th largest financial institution, you'll help build a bank you’ll be excited to call yours.
What makes you successful in your technology career at MUFG?
Check out the top skills we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Our Culture Principles:
- Client Centric
- People Focused
- Listen Up/Speak Up
- Innovate & Simplify
- Own & Execute
As we transform our digital capabilities and enhance the user experience to create integrated digital and mobile banking tools, we are looking for strong technology professionals who have the technical expertise to guide the bank on its journey to a cloud-first, microservice-based, real-time platform.
Dave H., Head of Core Banking Technology Transformation
Benefits & Total Rewards
Numerous choices for medical coverage (HRA, HSA, and PPO), plus comprehensive prescription coverage, dental and vision. We pay most premium costs and contribute to your HSA or HRA annually.
Monthly financial and wellness webinars, on-site healthy living events and one-on-one personal coaching sessions.
Competitive 401(k) employer match contributions with immediate vesting. Cash balance pension, defined benefit plan with 3-year vesting, fully employer-paid.
Education & Training
Tuition reimbursement for most undergraduate, graduate, and job-related courses at regionally accredited institutions. Internal training programs/courses are also available.
Programs and resources to support family wellness, including: maternity/paternity leave, parental bonding, adoption assistance program, dependent care and family medical leave.
Paid Time Off
Vacation, sick leave, time off to volunteer, and federal holidays, as well as salary continuation during periods of qualifying disability.
Senior Business Analyst
- Requisition # 10045371-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Tempe, ARIZONA
- Date posted 07/22/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Senior Business Analyst
In this role you will focus on the strategy and development of an organization's governance framework; its governance structure, including committee meetings and stakeholder matrices; and processes to drive objectives and compliance with laws, regulations, and company policies. Responsibilities include defining, establishing, maintaining the governance framework and processes, and continually assessing both for effectiveness; maintaining internal and external awareness of new and changing requirements that affect governance; monitoring compliance with governance requirements; and establishing and maintaining a record of governance standards and operating procedures.
This position will join the Data Management Delivery and Portfolio Management team and play a critical role in mananging the day to day portfolio of projects that have an impact to the Chief Data Office's transformational efforts related to risk and regulatory reports and financial crimes processes. This will include the intake, review, socialization, communication and validation of project artifacts and distribution and tracking of these artifacts across multiple groups. Additionally, this role will help drive Organizational Change Management responsibilites for the Data Program, including stakeholder impact assessment, training needs assessment, and resistance plans.
- Lead the coordination and execution of technology and non-technology change types for the Chief Data Office.
- Summarize and present to executive leadership outcomes and recommendations for change control process improvements.
- Perform processes related to the development of the data requirements and data sourcing documents, and the tracking of project documentation and workflow lifecycle.
- Define process areas for alignment based on business solution design patterns, review decision criteria with key stakeholders and align activities.
- Lead activities to create, socialize and validate supporting design principles and critical path for processes.
- Lead others to assign, coach, and deliver the project delivery life cycle, completing required outputs.
- Provide regular updates to leadership in executive level summary format.
- Assist team members with elements related to Organizational Change Management.
- A BA/BS degree from a 4-year college in a related field.
- Big 4 or top tier management consulting experience preferred but not required.
- 5+ years’ experience in one or more of the following areas: process re-engineering, project management, and general process improvement
- 3+ years of Banking industry experience or knowledge of banking organization, operations and technology, data governance and/or finance industry experience.
- Understanding of regulatory environment and compliance concerns preferred.
- Advanced systems knowledge with strong capabilities in Visio, PPT and Excel (including Pivots and VLOOKUP).
- Strong stakeholder management experience and ability to quickly establish rapport, credibility, trust, and respect throughout the organization, and be viewed as a team player.
- Ability to be a business partner who can influence and garner support from cross-functional teammates.
- Strong PowerPoint, Excel skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong Office 365 and presentation skills.
- Effective use of collaboration tools, such as MS Teams and SharePoint.
- Access Database and SQL skills a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.