Senior DevSecOps Engineer
Tempe, Arizona; Austin, Texas; Charlotte, North Carolina
Tech at MUFG
MUFG is undertaking a significant transformation initiative that will make us an agile company that is powered by a resilient, flexible technology and data stack. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that put our clients' and colleagues' changing needs first.
We are looking for resilient technologists who will help us build the future of banking with a new digitally-led, cloud-first, real-time deposit system. This is a rare opportunity to transition to a modern platform as a member of this high-impact team.
Backed by the strength and stability of the world’s 5th largest financial institution, you'll help build a bank you’ll be excited to call yours.
What makes you successful in your technology career at MUFG?
Check out the top skills we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Our Culture Principles:
- Client Centric
- People Focused
- Listen Up/Speak Up
- Innovate & Simplify
- Own & Execute
As we transform our digital capabilities and enhance the user experience to create integrated digital and mobile banking tools, we are looking for strong technology professionals who have the technical expertise to guide the bank on its journey to a cloud-first, microservice-based, real-time platform.
Dave H., Head of Core Banking Technology Transformation
Benefits & Total Rewards
Numerous choices for medical coverage (HRA, HSA, and PPO), plus comprehensive prescription coverage, dental and vision. We pay most premium costs and contribute to your HSA or HRA annually.
Monthly financial and wellness webinars, on-site healthy living events and one-on-one personal coaching sessions.
Competitive 401(k) employer match contributions with immediate vesting. Cash balance pension, defined benefit plan with 3-year vesting, fully employer-paid.
Education & Training
Tuition reimbursement for most undergraduate, graduate, and job-related courses at regionally accredited institutions. Internal training programs/courses are also available.
Programs and resources to support family wellness, including: maternity/paternity leave, parental bonding, adoption assistance program, dependent care and family medical leave.
Paid Time Off
Vacation, sick leave, time off to volunteer, and federal holidays, as well as salary continuation during periods of qualifying disability.
Senior DevSecOps Engineer
- Requisition # 10044968-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Tempe, ARIZONA
- Other Locations TEXAS-Austin, NORTH CAROLINA-Charlotte
- Date posted 09/05/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
As a Senior DevSecOps Engineer at MUFG, you will be responsible for providing in depth subject matter expertise in automating, monitoring, and applying security at all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle, and the delivery of trusted products and services. As a member of this team, you’ll design and implement security solutions to improve efficiency, performance, and reliability with an eye to automation and continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment (CI/CD).
- Assist selecting and implementing tools that will elevate the maturity of the DevSecOps practice.
- Identify opportunities for automation, partner with engineering and security teams on implementing automation.
- Develop and support development of security testing and validation tooling.
- Design and implement container image security lifecycle in CI/CD pipeline covering source control, integration, and deployment (ex: Bitbucket, Jenkins, JIRA, Nexus, OpenShift, Amazon EKS).
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices; conduct research, tests, and execute new techniques that can be reused and applied to SDLC.
- B.S., Computer Science or other advanced degree in related field, preferred
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with DevSecOps tools like Jenkins, container security (StockRox/Aqua/Prisma/Sysdig/NueVector), OpenShift, Amazon EKS.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with DevOps and cybersecurity domains like vulnerability management and system hardening compliance in hybrid cloud and on-prem environment.
- Experience in the banking or finance industries preferred
- Able to work independently on tasks, but also work well within a team environment
- Excellent communication skills and able to adapt to the audience
- Proven expertise deploying one of the commercial container security products and closing the gaps through development, automation, API integrations, and researching and closing vulnerabilities via patching.
- Advanced expertise in securing containerized workloads
- Proficient with language like python.
- Familiarity with development using RESTful APIs.
- Familiarity with microservice and service mesh architecture.
- Familiarity of advanced iterative Agile methodologies.
- Familiarity to security standards such as NIST 800-53, NIST 800-190 and NIST 800-204A
- Any of the following are a plus but not necessary; CISSP, CCSP, CKS
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.