Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle Financials ERP),
Charlotte, North Carolina
Tech at MUFG
MUFG is undertaking a significant transformation initiative that will make us an agile company that is powered by a resilient, flexible technology and data stack. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that put our clients' and colleagues' changing needs first.
We are looking for resilient technologists who will help us build the future of banking with a new digitally-led, cloud-first, real-time deposit system. This is a rare opportunity to transition to a modern platform as a member of this high-impact team.
Backed by the strength and stability of the world’s 5th largest financial institution, you'll help build a bank you’ll be excited to call yours.
What makes you successful in your technology career at MUFG?
Check out the top skills we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Our Culture Principles:
- Client Centric
- People Focused
- Listen Up/Speak Up
- Innovate & Simplify
- Own & Execute
As we transform our digital capabilities and enhance the user experience to create integrated digital and mobile banking tools, we are looking for strong technology professionals who have the technical expertise to guide the bank on its journey to a cloud-first, microservice-based, real-time platform.
Dave H., Head of Core Banking Technology Transformation
For more than 360 years, our passion for progress has been unwavering.
Benefits & Total Rewards
Numerous choices for medical coverage (HRA, HSA, and PPO), plus comprehensive prescription coverage, dental and vision. We pay most premium costs and contribute to your HSA or HRA annually.
Monthly financial and wellness webinars, on-site healthy living events and one-on-one personal coaching sessions.
Competitive 401(k) employer match contributions with immediate vesting. Cash balance pension, defined benefit plan with 3-year vesting, fully employer-paid.
Education & Training
Tuition reimbursement for most undergraduate, graduate, and job-related courses at regionally accredited institutions. Internal training programs/courses are also available.
Programs and resources to support family wellness, including: maternity/paternity leave, parental bonding, adoption assistance program, dependent care and family medical leave.
Paid Time Off
Vacation, sick leave, time off to volunteer, and federal holidays, as well as salary continuation during periods of qualifying disability.
Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle Financials ERP),
- Requisition # 10039201-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Charlotte, NORTH CAROLINA
- Date posted 10/26/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle Financials ERP), Assistant Vice President
We are looking for a qualified candidate for the position of Senior Systems Analyst in our Corporate Functions Technologies group to work closely with the Corporate Controllers, Tax and Transfer pricing organizations for enhancing the Procure to Pay, Record to Report and General Ledger functions of our ERP systems. The corporate Functions Technologies group is responsible for continuously improving internal customers’ processes through technology-aided solutions, delivering enhancements for enterprise applications, and providing functional expertise for Oracle ERP applications during project initiatives.
You should have a solid grasp of the General Ledger, Procurement, Payables, Fixed Assets and Project costing processes of Oracle Financials ERP systems such as PeopleSoft, Oracle eBusiness and/or Oracle Fusion Cloud ERP. You should also have hands-on experience in all phases of the technology implementation lifecycle (requirements gathering, design, build, go-live, testing)
You should be able to successfully engage with business partners in both a project and critical systems support environment. You should have the demonstrable ability to work effectively in a disciplined environment while showing initiative in dedicatedly improving organizational processes. You will demonstrate strong verbal and analytical skills to support this function from a technology perspective.
- Implement and enhance Oracle ERP core finance application modules: General Ledger, Accounting Hub, Procurement, Payables, Fixed Assets preferably on a CLOUD domain.
- Perform system requirements analysis, functional system design, integrations testing, and solutions maintenance of the financial applications
- Work with Subject Matter Experts, Process Owners and End Users to gather and analyze business requirements.
- Perform Fit-Gap analysis and contribute or perform solution design.
- Support configurations, customization, reports and interfaces, Systems and Integration testing and user acceptance testing
- Develop test scenarios and test scripts in the impacted solutions to facilitate appropriate functional and integrations testing using programming languages like sql, pl*sql.
- Consult and partner with Business users to understand business needs and design and implement solutions
- Closely collaborate with onshore and offshore technical teams to ensure that quality deliverables are delivered in a timely manner
- Interact with application vendors such as Oracle on Service Requests
- Conduct/contribute to Conference Room Pilots (CRP) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) efforts during a project
- Create and maintain system/application documentation (requirements, processes, procedures, test cases)
- Provides status updates to the management of planned deliverables.
- Assist management of major risks and issues through effective and proper partner concern.
- BS or equivalent degree in Accounting, Finance, MIS, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- Expected to write analysis queries on the Oracle General Ledger, Accounts Payables and Fixed Asset modules using programming languages like SQL, PL*SQL.
- Understanding of the Accounting flows in the Ledger, Procure to Pay and Record to Report functions and processes.
- Desired Understanding of the Legal Entity consolidation/elimination concepts.
- Demonstrated competency of 5 to 7+ years implementing and enhancing a combination of the following ERP components/modules: General Ledger, Accounting Hub, Procurement, Payables, Fixed Assets within any of the Oracle Financials ERP applications (Oracle EBS, Peoplesoft, Oracle Fusion Cloud ERP).
- Experience in Oracle Fusion Cloud ERP preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in integrating Oracle Financials ERP applications with other corporate/external applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively define business and technical parameters as well as work with end users.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex cross functional problems, quickly grasp concepts related to industry specific design/development and articulate them concisely to foster project team collaboration.
- Excellent meeting facilitation and presentation skills, with best in class customer service orientation and multi-tasking ability.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills with proven attention to detail.
- Self-directed and proactive approach to tackling problems and providing solutions.
- Preferred experience with a full life cycle of re-implementing an ERP Financial application module suite : General Ledger, Accounting Hub, Procurement, Payables, Fixed Assets within any of the Oracle Financials ERP applications (Oracle EBS, Peoplesoft, Oracle Fusion) onto Oracle CLOUD
- Agile experience is preferred
- Must be a team-player, with positive work ethic.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.