Servicing Specialist Sr-CasmApply Now
- Requisition # 10043930-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Tempe, ARIZONA
- Other Locations TEXAS-Arlington
- Date Posted 06/08/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we care about the details that matter most to our clients. We have our clients’ best interest in mind, drawing on more than 150 years of experience to understand their distinct needs and tailor our solutions. We’re part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world’s most trusted financial group. Trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential. Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
We're searching for a Sr. Loan Servicing Specialist to review customer tax and insurance escrow balances. You will need to ensure adherence to the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), process timely payments of all property tax installments, PMI/MIP premiums and the reconciliation of all escrow accounts.
- Interpret, verify and approve written and verbal communications, forms, letters, memos, reports, and other loan documents.
- Assist with monitoring policy, procedures, system changes, or potential areas of exposure, and make recommendations for applicable updates to department procedures, update procedures as directed.
- Assure compliance with all regulatory and government standards, guidelines, rules and regulations, and all applicable state regulatory authorities, and any applicable federal, state and/or local ordinances, government, investor, or bank regulations.
- Ensure force-placed flood insurance is issued for the correct coverage amount and issued within the acceptable time frame.
- Work with customers and insurance agents to clear flood exceptions such as flood zones changes or insufficient flood insurance coverage.
- Process PMI cancellations in accordance with the Homeowners Protection Act of 1998.
- Reconcile and process monthly premiums.
- Process and reconcile the TAR process for escrowed loans and the DELFUS process for non-escrowed loans.
- Maintain tax lines Escrow Analysis.
- Respond to and process customer requests for escrow set-ups and deletions.
- Set-up forced escrow accounts for delinquent tax advances.
- Provide backup support for all functions of, and provide guidance/training to Loan Servicing Specialist Escrow.
- Review daily, weekly, and monthly reports to resolve escrow exceptions. Monitor and complete task tracking.
- 3 - 5 years experience in technical loan servicing, FHA and GSE experience preferred.
- Proficiency in at least 4 functional areas within department (Insurance, Flood, Tax, PMI/MMI, Loss Drafts, and Escrow Analysis)
- Familiar with general lending policies and Union Bank procedures.
- Excellent data entry skills, math proficiency, and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong organizational and customer service skills
- Familiarity with MSP (mortgage servicing platform) preferred.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.