Tech at MUFG
MUFG is undertaking a significant transformation initiative that will make us an agile company that is powered by a resilient, flexible technology and data stack. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that put our clients' and colleagues' changing needs first.
We are looking for resilient technologists who will help us build the future of banking with a new digitally-led, cloud-first, real-time deposit system. This is a rare opportunity to transition to a modern platform as a member of this high-impact team.
Backed by the strength and stability of the world’s 5th largest financial institution, you'll help build a bank you’ll be excited to call yours.
What makes you successful in your technology career at MUFG?
Check out the top skills we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Our Culture Principles:
- Client Centric
- People Focused
- Listen Up/Speak Up
- Innovate & Simplify
- Own & Execute
As we transform our digital capabilities and enhance the user experience to create integrated digital and mobile banking tools, we are looking for strong technology professionals who have the technical expertise to guide the bank on its journey to a cloud-first, microservice-based, real-time platform.
Dave H., Head of Core Banking Technology Transformation
For more than 360 years, our passion for progress has been unwavering.
Benefits & Total Rewards
Numerous choices for medical coverage (HRA, HSA, and PPO), plus comprehensive prescription coverage, dental and vision. We pay most premium costs and contribute to your HSA or HRA annually.
Monthly financial and wellness webinars, on-site healthy living events and one-on-one personal coaching sessions.
Competitive 401(k) employer match contributions with immediate vesting. Cash balance pension, defined benefit plan with 3-year vesting, fully employer-paid.
Education & Training
Tuition reimbursement for most undergraduate, graduate, and job-related courses at regionally accredited institutions. Internal training programs/courses are also available.
Programs and resources to support family wellness, including: maternity/paternity leave, parental bonding, adoption assistance program, dependent care and family medical leave.
Paid Time Off
Vacation, sick leave, time off to volunteer, and federal holidays, as well as salary continuation during periods of qualifying disability.
- Requisition # 10036379-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Tempe, ARIZONA
- Date posted 08/14/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
- Design and develop secure compliant cloud-native solutions and services
- Develop both current and future state architecture blueprints, strategies, and roadmaps to achieve the target state and technology modernization
- Lead the design for transformation of existing applications and infrastructure services from physical data centers to AWS
- Provide practical, comprehensive designs, patterns, and implementation approaches to ensure development is aligned with the desired target state
- Define parameters that guide engineering teams on determining whether to enhance existing, develop new, or purchase third-party systems
- Define frameworks for DevSecOps, APIs, containerization, and technology debt management and ensure they are incorporated into application development practices
MUFG's Certifications Assistance Program (CAP) supports external certification-seeking activities.
- Requires a B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field with 8+ years of experience in designing, developing, and delivering solutions within a complex environment, possessing expert-level skills in technology architecture and design
- Possess an automate everything mindset, from Continuous Architecture based design to team collaboration
- Experience converting from monolithic to microservices
- Strong experience designing and architecting integration of new technology and platforms with legacy systems
- Demonstrated experience developing modern, cloud-native computing and advanced architectures, models, patterns and designs
- AWS design, configuration, deployment and support experience in Production environments, with 5 or more of the following skills and experiences:
- Fluently utilizing AWS CLI, Boto3, Terraform and/or CloudFormation
- EC2, AMI, EBS, S3 (and S3 bucket policy), CloudWatch, CloudTrail,
- Event and Messaging: SNS, SQS, CloudWatch Events, JMS and/or AMQP
- ALB/NLB, AWS Certificate Manager, Route53
- API Gateway, CloudFront
- Docker, and at least one of Docker based solutions – ECS, EKS, or K8S
- Ability to precisely model concepts and designs using standardized notations, frameworks and tools
- Experience designing event-based and streaming solutions
- Experience with Kubernetes and container orchestration technologies
- AWS professional level certifications preferred
- Ability to travel
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.