Sr Fraud Analyst IApply Now
- Requisition # 10037691-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Tempe, ARIZONA
- Date Posted 09/23/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
As a member of the Payments Fraud team the candidate will have thorough working knowledge of electronic payments products, and will manage and prioritize alerts triggered for review, contact customers, answer phones, update alerting and tracking systems, complete detailed notes of alerts reviewed, and escalate fraud cases as appropriate for further investigation.
Complete understanding and application of technical principles, theories, and concepts related to fraud risk identification. Responsible for reviewing new and existing customer accounts for deposit and returned item risk. Examine new accounts for fraudulent/erroneous information, and evaluate potential loss situations. Determine on action to be taken based on predefined procedures or escalating to management for review, which may include closing the accounts, resolving client questions from branch personnel or external customers, review of the Bank's core and fraud monitoring systems. Assist management in achieving the Bank's fraud management goals by identifying and recognizing changing patterns and techniques utilized by fraud perpetrators and by taking appropriate action to mitigate Operational Losses bank wide.
- 40«ility to resolve problems and investigate a wide variety of issues and requests to include gathering additional information, contacting other bank departments and branch offices, and working with personnel at all levels.
- Consolidate evidence to conclude that an account must be closed or that the suspicious activity does not represent a risk to the bank without disrupting service to our clients.
- Complete and submit Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR's) to meet OCC guidelines, maintaining all research and analysis.
- Assist in the recovery of losses by deciding on actions, to be taken i.e., send demand letters, Hold Harmless Agreement & Indemnification letter to other financial institutions.
- Investigate potential losses to determine suspect, explore avenues of recovery.
- 35%Responsible for reconciling, reviewing and processing identified risk transactions.
- Determine the degree of operational risk and/or fraudulent conduct when reviewing suspect fraud.
- Identify and escalate to management other compliance or operational potential weaknesses i.e. new account fraud, failure to follow policy etc.
- Perform daily review and analysis of suspected check fraud items and a risk assessment on suspicious accounts and activities.
- 5% Provide reporting and/or information to other business units, Legal Division, Corporate Compliance, Regulatory Agencies, and Law Enforcement as required.
- Respond to inquires received from branch/department personnel bank-wide, clients, and non-clients, Corporate Security, other financial institutions.
- 5% Facilitates escalated customer or branch calls.
- 5%Assist in the development and training of less experienced team members.
- Typically requires 2 + years of direct related experience. BA/BS preferred but not required.
Extensive operational background, knowledge of Bank policies, Regulations, and procedures.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills to articulate with customers and internal management.
Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills.
Demonstrated pro-active initiative, ability to work under minimal supervision.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Visio
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.