Tech at MUFG
MUFG is undertaking a significant transformation initiative that will make us an agile company that is powered by a resilient, flexible technology and data stack. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that put our clients' and colleagues' changing needs first.
We are looking for resilient technologists who will help us build the future of banking with a new digitally-led, cloud-first, real-time deposit system. This is a rare opportunity to transition to a modern platform as a member of this high-impact team.
Backed by the strength and stability of the world’s 5th largest financial institution, you'll help build a bank you’ll be excited to call yours.
What makes you successful in your technology career at MUFG?
Check out the top skills we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Our Culture Principles:
- Client Centric
- People Focused
- Listen Up/Speak Up
- Innovate & Simplify
- Own & Execute
As we transform our digital capabilities and enhance the user experience to create integrated digital and mobile banking tools, we are looking for strong technology professionals who have the technical expertise to guide the bank on its journey to a cloud-first, microservice-based, real-time platform.
Dave H., Head of Core Banking Technology Transformation
For more than 360 years, our passion for progress has been unwavering.
Benefits & Total Rewards
Numerous choices for medical coverage (HRA, HSA, and PPO), plus comprehensive prescription coverage, dental and vision. We pay most premium costs and contribute to your HSA or HRA annually.
Monthly financial and wellness webinars, on-site healthy living events and one-on-one personal coaching sessions.
Competitive 401(k) employer match contributions with immediate vesting. Cash balance pension, defined benefit plan with 3-year vesting, fully employer-paid.
Education & Training
Tuition reimbursement for most undergraduate, graduate, and job-related courses at regionally accredited institutions. Internal training programs/courses are also available.
Programs and resources to support family wellness, including: maternity/paternity leave, parental bonding, adoption assistance program, dependent care and family medical leave.
Paid Time Off
Vacation, sick leave, time off to volunteer, and federal holidays, as well as salary continuation during periods of qualifying disability.
- Requisition # 10035309-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Tempe, ARIZONA
- Date posted 05/08/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
MUFG Americas is embarking on a business and technology transformation to effectively deliver five key business imperatives: Growth, Business Agility, Client Experience, Effective Controls, and Collaboration. To accomplish these imperatives, MUFG has launched a Transformation Program built upon the following foundation pillars:
- Core Banking Transformation Program
- Data Governance, Infrastructure & Reporting Program
- Technology Modernization Program
This position supports the Core Banking Transformation (CBT) Program. CBT is a multi-year effort to modernize our deposits platform with a world-class digitally-led and simplified ecosystem for consumer, small business, commercial and transaction banking to deliver exceptional customer experience and provide the bank a competitive advantage in the market. Our customers will benefit from streamlined and automated processes that simultaneously will provide the bank business process efficiencies and operational cost savings.
The Core Banking Transformation Technology Team seeks a dynamic technologist to support Infrastructure implementation efforts to integrate MUB’s current application ecosystem with the new Core Deposits platform that will provide the foundation for transforming deposit services at MUFG Americas. While transitioning the bank from a on-premises infrastructure -oriented to a cloud-based platform by redesigning or replacing monolithic legacy systems with cloud-native architectures, you will be responsible for the design, build, implementation, monitoring, and management of the MUFG enterprise cloud infrastructure and services.
- Partner with Risk Management and Security teams to identify the standards and lead the design, build, and rollout of secured and compliant cloud infrastructure and services.
- Responsible for Infrastructure design, acquisition and deploy of hardware and software for the implementation of on -premises and Cloud base infrastructure, Network configuration, Release Management and Third party vendors systems to support the new core banking deposit system implementation for MUFG.
- Partner with, program management, architecture, infrastructure delivery service, system owners, 3rd party vendors, as necessary to ensure end to end implementation during the program lifecycle
- Partner with application teams to experiment, design, develop, and deliver cloud-native solutions and services.
- Lead the migration, refactor, and transformation of existing applications and infrastructure services from physical data centers to AWS.
- Provide Level 3 support for troubleshooting and services restoration in Production.
- Identify and document issues/road blocks that hinder progress of Infrastructure service delivery Teams.
Management or Supervision: Yes
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of experience in supporting critical infrastructure services and applications in large, complex IT environments with three or more of the following:
- Strong knowledge on UNIX/Linux (RHEL) virtual machine lifecycle and well as container-based compute environment orchestration;
- Strong knowledge of various virtualization platforms such as VMware, Hyper-V and RHEV.
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN design and implementation, operations, management, and security
- Demonstrated experience migrating, deploying, operating and maintaining compute, network and storage in the Amazon and/or Microsoft Azure cloud environments;
- Possesses an automate everything mindset, from CI/CD based deployment to team collaboration
- Experienced in iterative / agile team management including transformation at scale
- Solid working knowledge of Identity & Access Management, LDAP / Single-Sign-On, SSL/TLS and Certificate
- Solid understanding of storage subsystems – NetApp in particular, and data backup technologies.
- Strong communication & presentation skills
- Backup / Restore, Disaster Recovery plan and design experiences for data systems
- AWS configuration, deployment and support experience in a production environment, with five or more of the following:
- Event and Messaging: SNS, SQS, CloudWatch Events, JMS and/or AMQP
- ALB/NLB, AWS Certificate Manager, Route53
- API Gateway, CloudFront
- Design and define IAM Roles & Policies for users and AWS services, to comply with segregation of duties and least privileged mandates
- Develop Lambda with Python or NodeJs; or Application development with one of the AWS SDKs
- Docker, and at least one of Docker based solutions – ECS, EKS, or K8S / OpenShift on AWS
- Familiar with DevOps toolchain, i.e. BitBucket, JIRA, Jenkins Pipeline, Artifactory or Nexus, and experienced in deploying n-tier application stacks in AWS
- Strong collaboration and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work alternative coverage schedules
- Experience within a high integrity, and/or regulated environment (government, healthcare, financial sectors, etc.)
- Experience on cloud Services, CI/CD based deployment and Info security Access managements
- AWS professional level certifications
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.