Transformation Program ManagerApply Now
- Requisition # 10039061-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Tempe, ARIZONA
- Date Posted 10/16/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Transformation Program Manager
The CDO Office and Transformation Program teams are seeking a Program Management professional for our team as we embark on a multi-year critical initiative to provide a consistent project management process and framework for the bank. As we take on larger and more complex projects, this oversight will ensure we are consistent in implementation, handle resources appropriately, and are transparent in our reporting. In this highly critical and visible role, you will apply your project and program management experience to successfully lead large and complex programs.
The Program Manager’s role is to effectively coordinate with the Project Managers associated with multiple projects which are within the BCBS 239 Program within the specified time frame and budget, including use of the Bank’s Project Life Cycle and project management tools/methodology.
- Successfully lead large and complex (high visibility/risk) program
- Coordinates team of project managers to maintain project plans, develop status reports, monitor resource plans, and ultimately ensure successful execution of the defined program
- Monitor projects for risks and issues and use experience to predict future risks and suggest mitigation strategies
- Monitor program financials to ensure projects are within budget
- Partner with Sr. Technology and Business Leads/Sponsors, to develop strategic roadmaps to deliver large/complex technology programs
- Drive program completion successfully by achieving all landmarks within each project, and the final implementation meeting the business requirements within the approved budget and timeline
- 4 year Bachelor’s Degree required
- Completion of PMP or other PM certification (preferred)
- 5+ years managing project(s) in Financial Services
- Independently and successfully managed at least three large scale and complex projects, from start to end (i.e. covering all Life Cycle Phases)
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Leadership skills
- Strong Communication & Presentation Skills (makes complex issues accessible to business audience, clear, concise, and audience appropriate)
- Capacity to take on new projects and technologies
- Disciplined approach to business and people management processes
- Client satisfaction focused- Prompt and effective communications and follow-up is provided
- Project Execution
- Project Scheduling expert
- Well versed in the application of a formalized/rigorous project management methodology
- Meticulous project Status Reporting, Issue/Resolution Tracking, Risk Management, Dependency Management
- Effective Vendor Coordination and Management
- Effective Test and Conversion Management
- Reliable forecast estimates to actuals; minimal surprises
- Analytical capability to identify issues and risks
- Ability to execute and troubleshoot problems
- Projects completed on time, within budget and with satisfactory quality
- Financial Services business and technology understanding
- Expertise in Microsoft Project/PM Tools and MS Office Suite Experience
- Expertise in using JIRA to manage projects
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.