VP - Senior Processing Systems Lead
Tempe, Arizona; Texas; North Carolina
Tech at MUFG
MUFG is undertaking a significant transformation initiative that will make us an agile company that is powered by a resilient, flexible technology and data stack. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that put our clients' and colleagues' changing needs first.
We are looking for resilient technologists who will help us build the future of banking with a new digitally-led, cloud-first, real-time deposit system. This is a rare opportunity to transition to a modern platform as a member of this high-impact team.
Backed by the strength and stability of the world’s 5th largest financial institution, you'll help build a bank you’ll be excited to call yours.
What makes you successful in your technology career at MUFG?
Check out the top skills we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Our Culture Principles:
- Client Centric
- People Focused
- Listen Up/Speak Up
- Innovate & Simplify
- Own & Execute
As we transform our digital capabilities and enhance the user experience to create integrated digital and mobile banking tools, we are looking for strong technology professionals who have the technical expertise to guide the bank on its journey to a cloud-first, microservice-based, real-time platform.
Dave H., Head of Core Banking Technology Transformation
For more than 360 years, our passion for progress has been unwavering.
Benefits & Total Rewards
Numerous choices for medical coverage (HRA, HSA, and PPO), plus comprehensive prescription coverage, dental and vision. We pay most premium costs and contribute to your HSA or HRA annually.
Monthly financial and wellness webinars, on-site healthy living events and one-on-one personal coaching sessions.
Competitive 401(k) employer match contributions with immediate vesting. Cash balance pension, defined benefit plan with 3-year vesting, fully employer-paid.
Education & Training
Tuition reimbursement for most undergraduate, graduate, and job-related courses at regionally accredited institutions. Internal training programs/courses are also available.
Programs and resources to support family wellness, including: maternity/paternity leave, parental bonding, adoption assistance program, dependent care and family medical leave.
Paid Time Off
Vacation, sick leave, time off to volunteer, and federal holidays, as well as salary continuation during periods of qualifying disability.
VP - Senior Processing Systems Lead
- Requisition # 10038921-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Tempe, ARIZONA
- Other Locations Charlotte, Charlotte
- Date posted 10/08/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
This is the top level systems analyst and leads the project team in projects assigned. Projects assigned are the most complex in scope and cost. Provides overall direction, guidance and definition of an enterprise's architecture to effectively support the corporate business strategy. Responsible for leading the project team in preparing functional requirements, feasibility studies, program specifications, user test plans, user documentation and user training plans. Functions as an internal consultant for applications support departments and provides internal consulting support to other areas of the bank. This Position Reports to: Systems Manager
- Leads the team in the preparation of business plans, prepares functional requirements and conducts feasibility and cost benefit studies exhibiting an expert knowledge of systems analysis techniques and a comprehensive knowledge of the bank's business and system flow within the organization.
- Interfaces across several business areas, acting as visionary to proactively assist in defining the direction for future projects.
- Responsible for conception of solutions, building consensus and the selling and execution of such solutions.
- Prepares formal proposals for business management, outlining alternative and recommended system solutions.
- Conducts formal requirement walkthroughs and obtains user concurrence.
- Validates and ensures that functional requirements are met.
- Conducts formal implementation reviews.
- Anticipates and circumvents problems where possible.
- Responsible for the most highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments.
- Provides formal and informal user training and general user support.
- Functions as an internal consultant for the applications support team.
- Expert/lead technical role.
- Works on large, complex projects that have enterprise wide impact and require subject matter expertise of multiple process improvement areas and mastery of process improvement tools.
- Works as a project team member on multiple projects to facilitate process improvements involving multiple sites or business areas, often as a project leader.
- Lead responsibilities include directing, monitoring and assigning work to those on the team.
- Provides technical work guidance or mentoring.
- May provide input to the managers/supervisor on staff performance.
- Coaches and mentors more junior staff.
- Typically has 7 to 10 years of Systems Analysis experience, 4 years of experience in process engineering and 2 years’ experience in project management.
- Strong knowledge of Fiserv/FDR Data, Credit Cards, PCF, DQ, Credit Rewards and Plastics.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.