Wire Services Database AssociateApply Now
- Requisition # 10039713-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Tempe, ARIZONA
- Date Posted 11/13/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Under the direct supervision of a manager or work director, assist with any of the day-to-day activities of a functional area. Perform all tasks associated with these functions. Handle simple to moderately complex problems with minimal supervision. Perform specialized functions with high restrictions/impact without need of supervision. Assist with improving quality service, improving efficiency and reducing errors. Participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Disaster Recovery (DR) preparations as assigned. Assist with the training of all staff; improving quality service, improving efficiency and developing methods to reduce errors. Assume responsibilities of the work director in their absence.
- Perform all functions within the assigned department.
- Proficiency in all departmental functions including knowledge of other departmental functions.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn and perform other departmental functions as required. (Refer to the skills required for list of functions).
- Ensures timely completion of one or more tasks within the functional area of assignment according to unit standards for productivity and quality.
- Excellent understanding of applicable State and Federal US Regulations including Uniform Commercial Code (UCC4A), OFAC, FDIC, Bank Secrecy Act, and Electronic Funds Transfer Act (EFTA).
- Report discrepancies and suspicious activities to the Supervisor.
- Maintain good understanding of internal policies, procedures and other business related service manuals.
- Adhere to relevant policies and procedures of the functional area and department.
- Thorough understanding of operational and technical functions in the area of assignment.
- Provide support to the Unit Manager or Work Director and assist with projects as needed.
- Act as a utility handling various activities in all units during peak periods, vacations and absences.
- Perform statistical documentation, update operator statistics, and generate production reports.
- Train new/existing staff to perform functional processes in a changing environment.
- Position requires the ability to communicate effectively in English, operate a keyboard for prolonged periods, and read and write in English.
- Bi-lingual abilities are desirable.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible work schedule with overtime when required.
- Good understanding of internal policies, procedures, regulations and business requirements.
- Proven operational and technical skills.
- Perform all functions of assigned unit as needed.
- Good understanding of applicable operational risks.
- Excellent customer service skills, satisfactory math aptitude, satisfactory written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with multiple systems and processes including PC based applications such as Microsoft Office, Word and Excel software.
- Ability to learn other functional tasks within Wire Services.
- Ability to research all types of payment instructions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.