Private Wealth Advisor II, Vice President (Thousand Oaks, CA)Apply Now
- Requisition # 10052431-WD
- Job Type Full time
- Date Posted 04/25/2022
- Location Thousand Oaks, CA
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank®, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we have our clients’ best interest in mind and draw on more than 160 years of experience to understand their distinct needs to tailor our solutions. We’re part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world’s most trusted financial group, knowing that trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential.
Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
As relationship managers for The Private Bank, the Sr Private Wealth Advisor (PWA) proactively attracts, deepens and manages comprehensive financial relationships within the high-net worth and ultra-high net worth segments, with a focus on the ultra-high net worth segment. This is the most senior wealth advisory role in Union Bank. PWAs are expected to proactively attract, deepen, and manage the most complex and sophisticated financial relationships through the use of Private Wealth Management tools and processes. Advisors in this role need to understand the complexity of Wealth Planning, investment management, risk management, estate & business planning, as well as banking and loan needs of ultra-high net worth clients. PWAs are expected to deliver a differentiated client experience that supports Union Bank’s value proposition through a consultative, needs based approach and proactive relationship management. PWAs cultivate internal and external referral networks to source new high net worth clients and achieve quarterly and annual performance goals through proactive growth and retention of high-quality client portfolios with a focus on driving overall profitability to meet bank targets.
SALES, MARKETING AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (INCLUDING NEW CLIENT ACQUISITION)
- Develop and execute marketing and sales strategies to attract, deepen, and retain the most sophisticated and complex ultra-high net worth relationships to ensure a profitable portfolio and achieve quarterly and annual revenue production goals.
- Act as consultative and trusted advisor, anticipating needs relative to the high net worth market segment to ensure maximum profitability and cross‐sell opportunities.
- Implement defined sales processes with prospective and existing clients.
- Conduct discovery meetings, prepare presentations, follow up on client contacts and implement solutions through delivery of comprehensive Bank products and services in alignment with client needs.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with appropriate business partners (primarily Corporate Banking, Commercial / Middle Market, Real Estate Industries, and Capital Markets) to deliver comprehensive, sophisticated and complex holistic solutions to clients.
- Monitor, maintain and update sales activity, pipeline and other pertinent information using sales management tools.
RELATIONSHIP & RISK MANAGEMENT
- Develop and maintain client portfolios; accountable for balanced portfolio growth, portfolio profitability and overall portfolio retention.
- Minimize attrition risk through proactive and disciplined call program with regularly scheduled face to face meetings.
- Provide complex and sophisticated advice and solutions based on sound financial principles leveraging considerable resources and expertise.
- Analyze and respond to client’s personal comprehensive and complex wealth management needs, including resolving problems clients may experience and ensure proper handling of service requests, balancing risk and opportunity.
- Consistently align client with appropriate channels to provide an exceptional service experience.
- Represent the Bank in the community by becoming active in professional and community groups.
- Monitor and manage portfolios to assess and minimize risk as it relates to credit and operations.
- Follow up with appropriate measures adhering to the Bank’s policy and guidelines; and consult with operational resources to proactively identify and mitigate operational risk in the servicing of client portfolios.
Education, Licensure, Year of Experience (and type of work experience):
- Demonstrated professional competency with 10+ years of financial sales experience in the high net worth segment required; a minimum of 10+ years of commercial and commercial real estate and/or consumer lending experience dealing with highly complex cases, highly preferred.
- Proven track record of year-over-year top-level sales production in a wealth management position.
- College degree required, MBA preferred; Series 7 and either a Series 66 or Series 63 & 65 licenses are required (full licensing required within 180 days of hire).
- Appropriate state insurance license is required (full licensing required within 180 days of hire).
- CFP (Certified Financial Planner), CFA (Certified Financial Analyst), CTFA (Certified Trust and Financial Advisor), and other related professional designations are highly desired.
- Proficient knowledge of computer skills.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Possess exceptionally strong skills in the following areas in dealing with high net worth clients: wealth planning, investments, risk management, trust and estate services, estate and tax planning principles, and banking & loans.
- A broad understanding of highly complex personal and commercial financial statements and consumer or commercial lending, inclusive of related policies and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of investments, trust, and highly complex credit products.
- Individual must be entrepreneurial and personally driven to succeed in their market and community.
- Strong sales and service orientation and must be comfortable with and persevere in face of rejection.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients of varying levels of business and financial sophistication, understanding the attitudes and behaviors of high net worth people and capable of delivering exceptional service at that level.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills with extensive aptitude for sales.
- Ability to prospect, anticipate needs and close sales opportunities.
- Effectively assemble and lead advisory team of Bank partners in addressing client needs.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.