Enterprise Risk Management SpecialistApply Now
- Requisition # Req #87
- Job Type Salary
- Location Toronto, ON
- Date Posted 06/10/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do. As the 5th largest bank in the world, our diverse team is connected by a common ambition to create change for the better—from forging more dynamic career paths to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group.
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with over 2,700 locations in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG aims to “be the world’s most trusted financial group” through close collaboration among our operating companies and flexibly responding to all of the financial needs of our customers, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world. MUFG’s shares trade on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York stock exchanges. For more information, visit https://www.mufg.jp/englishEnterprise Risk Management Specialist
As a member of the highly quantitative Credit Strategies Group (CSG), this role is responsible for managing a wide range of projects supporting aspects of model development, validation, documentation, stress testing, and remediation of governance related issues to ensure CSG's ability to effectively measure, analyze, manage, and report aggregated credit risks across the Americas and global regions in a cohesive governance framework while meeting business priorities. Primary constituents for this role are Credit Administration, Business lines, Global Credit Risk Divisions, CCAR Stakeholders, and Regulatory/Internal governance entities.
- Conducts analysis of complex business problems and/or externally identified governance issues to help recommend, drive, design, and document effective results-oriented remediation solutions leveraging relevant industry experience/knowledge, preferably in banking, finance, profitability, risk management or other quantitative field of study.
- Willingness and appetite to roll-up sleeves and contribute directly to remediation (vs. just tracking/monitoring issues) is a key success trait.
- Contributes to creation of technical documentation of complex processes/procedures, tools, workflows, and issue remediation solutions
- Helps drive/facilitate creation of quantitative documentation working with subject-matter-experts in the field of econometrics, credit risk, economic capital, statistics by integrating, consolidating, and preparing content for submission to external/internal governance entities
- Compiles presentation materials and drafts narratives for communicating out quantitative results (e.g. CCAR Capital Plan or Stress Test results) or project status to our primary constituents (e.g. MRA status update).
- Manages successful implementation of projects by developing plans and managing against them, identifies and escalates risks/issues to ensure mitigation plans are in place
- Facilitates meetings to enable well-informed and efficient decision-making and ensures agreed upon next steps take place.
- Willingness and appetite to roll-up sleeves and contribute directly to project deliverables (such as data analysis or technical documentation vs. just tracking/managing deliverables) is a key success trait.
- Provides support or assists with creation of basic financial, risk, stress test analyses, including aggregation of large financial/risk datasets into meaningful summary analytics/reports
- Manages, compiles, and performs Quality Assurance on deliverables in a fast-paced production environment (e.g. CCAR or managerial stress testing), including coordinating with up/down-stream constituents around deliverable inputs/outputs and expectations
- 3-5 years of experience working in a capacity as outlined in the job description or 5-7 years of experience working in a relevant capacity
- Experience within Financial Planning & Analysis, Risk Management, CCAR Program, Management Reporting, or Project Management function desired
- Basic understanding of banking/finance with a focus on credit loss, profitability, income statement, balance sheet, or cash flow concepts, preferably within a risk management capacity.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that flexes ability to assess trade-offs and make recommendations accordingly
- Solid written/spoken communication and ability to develop/foster relationships with our primary constituents
- Strong logical reasoning and problem solving skills that consider constraints/feasibility and results oriented
- Strong technical documentation skills with a focus on synthesis and ability to summarize complex quantitative concepts/processes .
- Proficiency in Excel especially with large datasets is a must, SQL/SAS/R or other data-centric programming language is a plus
- Basic understanding of relational database concepts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Statistics, Physics, Economics, Finance/Banking
- Former quantitative, finance/banking, technical background
- Alternatively, 5-7 years of experience in a relevant capacity would be considered in lieu of a quantitative/technical degree.
Chartered in 1981 and assuming its current identity as MUFG Canada Branch, our Canadian Branch is the premier Asia-based global bank in its market. We serve local and Japanese clients from the Atlantic to the Pacific with financial expertise across a number of key industries such as oil and gas, pipelines, power generation, automotive, transportation, and telecom. The receipt of this application by MUFG Bank, Ltd., Canada Branch (“MUFG Canada Branch”), does not imply or guarantee employment. MUFG Canada Branch is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or in any other aspect of employment on the basis of the grounds enumerated in the Canadian human rights act. In addition, MUFG Canada Branch complies with applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. MUFG Canada Branch provides accommodation to individuals in accordance with the requirements outlined in the Canadian human rights act and the Canada Labour Code.
©2020 Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. All rights reserved. The MUFG logo and name is a service mark of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc., and is used by MUFG Bank, Ltd., Canada Branch, with permission.
- Pay TypeSalary