End User Controls (EUC) Governance ManagerApply Now
- Requisition # Req #8
- Job Type Salary
- Location Toronto, ON
- Date Posted 01/30/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do. As the 5th largest bank in the world, our diverse team is connected by a common ambition to create change for the better—from forging more dynamic career paths to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group.
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with over 2,700 locations in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG aims to “be the world’s most trusted financial group” through close collaboration among our operating companies and flexibly responding to all of the financial needs of our customers, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world. MUFG’s shares trade on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York stock exchanges. For more information, visit https://www.mufg.jp/english
Americas Model Risk Management (AMRM) isresponsible for the management of enterprise-wide model and spreadsheet risksassociated with the Bank's development, deployment, and maintenance ofquantitative processes. In order to manage these risks, we have developed andimplemented a comprehensive framework across three lines of defense. As thesecond line of defense, AMRM establishes and maintains the model andspreadsheet risk management framework, including the independentvalidation/testing of all models and spreadsheets, and management of associatedrisks in the aggregate at the enterprise level.
This is a key role in AMRM and will report directly to the Head of AMRM Validation Support. The incumbent will manage AMRM’s spreadsheets validation related activities to support the risk management program, and organize and plan spreadsheet risk management related activities across various corporate entities according to Enhanced Prudential Standard regulations.
- Assist spreadsheet owners to identify and inventory spreadsheets
- Work with the appropriate AMRM team members to properly classify and risk rate all inventoried spreadsheets
- Manage the AMRM spreadsheet testing pipeline, including the prioritization of spreadsheets to be independently tested by AMRM
- Support the annual attestation/certification of spreadsheets across the Bank to ensure that AMRM maintains a comprehensive inventory of all Bank spreadsheets
- Support both AMRM and spreadsheet owners in the use of the spreadsheet compliance and control system
- Conduct regular training for both AMRM and spreadsheet owners on thespreadsheet compliance and control system
- Solicit feedback on potential improvements to the system and work with technology to make the associated enhancements
- Support the ongoing evolution of the Spreadsheet Risk Management Program
- Assist the Head of AMRM Validation Support and Head of Spreadsheet Control Testing in regularly improving the Bank’s Spreadsheet Risk Management Program
The candidate must have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, inclusive of the ability to report and present concisely.
- Strong MS Office skills (Work, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight.
- Superb interpersonal skills.
- Strong desire to learn new things to bring value to the business.
- Project management capabilities.
- Demonstrated proficiency in dealing with spreadsheets, managing data sets, and managing manual processes.
- Proven success at working with others outside of their immediate groups or business partnerships.
- Understanding of what a Control is, at its most basic level.
1. Bachelor’s degree.
Notice: The above information on this job description has been described to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents. Other duties and responsibilities not specifically described may be assigned from time to time, consistent with knowledge, skills and abilities of the incumbent.
Chartered in 1981 and assuming its current identity as MUFG Canada Branch, our Canadian Branch is the premier Asia-based global bank in its market. We serve local and Japanese clients from the Atlantic to the Pacific with financial expertise across a number of key industries such as oil and gas, pipelines, power generation, automotive, transportation, and telecom. The receipt of this application by MUFG Bank, Ltd., Canada Branch (“MUFG Canada Branch”), does not imply or guarantee employment. MUFG Canada Branch is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or in any other aspect of employment on the basis of the grounds enumerated in the Canadian human rights act. In addition, MUFG Canada Branch complies with applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. MUFG Canada Branch provides accommodation to individuals in accordance with the requirements outlined in the Canadian human rights act and the Canada Labour Code.
©2020 Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. All rights reserved. The MUFG logo and name is a service mark of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc., and is used by MUFG Bank, Ltd., Canada Branch, with permission.
- Job Other
- Primary Location Toronto, Canada
- Shift Salary