Your potential. Your opportunity.
Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do. As the 5th largest bank in the world, our diverse team is connected by a common ambition to create change for the better—from forging more dynamic career paths to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group. Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with over 2,700 locations in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG aims to “be the world’s most trusted financial group” through close collaboration among our operating companies and flexibly responding to all of the financial needs of our customers, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world. MUFG’s shares trade on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York stock exchanges. For more information, visit https://www.mufg.jp/english
Quantitative Analyst – Associate
The role will support the Director in the Wholesale CreditModeling Team within the Credit Strategies Group (CSG) in a challenging butintellectually interesting and collegiate environment. The primaryresponsibilities will be related to supporting increased global collaborationbetween CSG and Tokyo Head Office in globalizing wholesale credit modeling,making regional models more agile and consistent with market trends andregulatory expectations. The position will require frequent interactions withLines of Business, Credit Administration and Regulators.
Model Development and Maintenance:
- Developing, documenting, implementing or otherwise enhancingmodels for credit rating, credit loss, and stress testing.
- Developing reports and presentations for the Group Managerand Senior Management.
- Working with model governance teams to develop methods andmetrics for ensuring all models continue to perform as expected and withinranges agreed to by internal model audit and model management committees.
Develop and Maintain Key Contacts:
- Collaborating closely with business line and risk managersto assess and manage firm wide risk management.
- Applying strong risk knowledge to solve problemsindependently, without relying on daily supervision.
- Providing support to the Group Manager on other initiativessuch as Machine Learning rating model.
- Exceptional skills in quantitative methods and computertechnology, including statistical analysis, and computer modeling, arenecessary.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills are a must, including;the ability to lead and facilitate dialogue with business partners on key riskmeasurement issues, and the ability to collect pertinent data quickly andwithout unnecessary intrusion.
- Strong skills in quantitative methods and computer technology,such as Python, R and SAS required.
Experience & Abilities:
- 3+ years of relevant credit risk experience in the bankingindustry desired.
- Prior Basel II (PD/LGD/EAD models) and stress testingexperience a significant plus.
- Attention to detail
Education & Training:
- Bachelors degree or higher in statistics, finance, or otherquantitative field. Advanced degree preferred.
Notice: The above information on this job description has been described to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents. Other duties and responsibilities not specifically described may be assigned from time to time, consistent with knowledge, skills and abilities of the incumbent. Company Chartered in 1981 and assuming its current identity as MUFG Canada Branch, our Canadian Branch is the premier Asia-based global bank in its market. We serve local and Japanese clients from the Atlantic to the Pacific with financial expertise across a number of key industries such as oil and gas, pipelines, power generation, automotive, transportation, and telecom. The receipt of this application by MUFG Bank, Ltd., Canada Branch (“MUFG Canada Branch”), does not imply or guarantee employment. MUFG Canada Branch is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or in any other aspect of employment on the basis of the grounds enumerated in the Canadian human rights act. In addition, MUFG Canada Branch complies with applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. MUFG Canada Branch provides accommodation to individuals in accordance with the requirements outlined in the Canadian human rights act and the Canada Labour Code.©2020 Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. All rights reserved. The MUFG logo and name is a service mark of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc., and is used by MUFG Bank, Ltd., Canada Branch, with permission.https://www.bk.mufg.jp/global/globalnetwork/americas/pdf/privacy_notice.pdf