Senior Quantitative AnalystApply Now
- Requisition # Req #176
- Job Type Salary
- Date Posted 05/25/2022
- Location Toronto, ON
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Senior Quantitative Analyst
The role will support the Director in the Wholesale CreditModeling Team within the Credit Strategies Group (CSG) in a challenging butintellectually interesting and collegiate environment. The primaryresponsibilities will be related to supporting increased global collaborationbetween CSG and Tokyo Head Office in globalizing wholesale credit modeling,making regional models more agile and consistent with market trends andregulatory expectations. The position will require frequent interactions withLines of Business, Credit Administration and Regulators.
Model Development and Maintenance
- Leading the development and maintenance of models for creditrating, credit loss, and stress testing.
- Developing reports and presentations for the Group Managerand Senior Management.
- Leading the interactions with model governance teams todevelop methods and metrics for ensuring all models continue to perform asexpected and within ranges agreed to by internal model audit and modelmanagement committees.
- Solving model issues in a timely manner.
Develop and Maintain Key Contacts:
- Collaborating closely with business line and risk managersto assess and manage firm wide risk management.
- Applying strong risk knowledge to solve problemsindependently, without relying on daily supervision.
- Providing support to the Group Manager on other initiativessuch as Machine Learning rating model.
- Leading a (tentative) 3-person team to cover multipleprojects simultaneously.
- Training and motivating the junior staff to achieve theirpotentials and career goals.
- Exceptional skills in quantitative methods and computertechnology, including statistical analysis, and computer modeling, arenecessary.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills are a must,including; the ability to lead and facilitate dialogue with business partnerson key risk measurement issues, and the ability to collect pertinent dataquickly and without unnecessary intrusion.
- Strong skills in quantitative methods and computertechnology, such as Python, R and SAS required.
Experience & Abilities
- 5+ years of relevant credit risk experience in the bankingindustry required.
- Prior Basel II (PD/LGD/EAD rating models) experience isrequired.
- Prior managerial experience is required.
- Stress testing experience a significant plus.
- Attention to detail
Education & Training
- Bachelors degree or higher in statistics, finance, or otherquantitative field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Office and WFH Hybrid
- Pay TypeSalary