Technology Operations Support, Infrastructure & ArchitectureApply Now
- Requisition # Req #2
- Job Type Salary
- Location Toronto, ON
- Date Posted 01/30/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do. As the 5th largest bank in the world, our diverse team is connected by a common ambition to create change for the better—from forging more dynamic career paths to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group.
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with over 2,700 locations in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG aims to “be the world’s most trusted financial group” through close collaboration among our operating companies and flexibly responding to all of the financial needs of our customers, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world. MUFG’s shares trade on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York stock exchanges. For more information, visit https://www.mufg.jp/english
This position will: administer and maintain operational aspects of infrastructure environments (compute, storage, virtualization, networking, telephony); support solution architecture and information security architecture; support, build, and maintain the bank initiatives; and lead and participate in planning, design, implementation, and troubleshooting activities.
1. Day to Day Technology Operations Delivery
- Liaise with the Information Technology Team, project teams and cross-organization technology teams to delivery business as usual changes and projects between Canada infrastructure and architecture team and US/Head Office infrastructure support teams.
- Work with project teams to understand business and high-level technical infrastructure needs and build them.
- Support daily operations by analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards, and meeting deadlines.
- Ensure that all systems are working at optimal levels and support the development of new technologies and system requirements.
- Install, upgrade, support, and monitor the infrastructure environment.
- Maintain the necessary documentation of all systems, modifications, and support processes.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks for infrastructure such as backups, patch management, and upgrades.
- Support and participate in delivery of technical architecture and support across all systems/servers managed by the Canada team.
- Support infrastructure and capacity planning for future projects/growth.
2. Incident Management
- Diagnose and resolve complex hardware, software and connectivity problems as they relate to infrastructure.
- Provide incident management, level 2 support, and serve as a point of escalation for Helpdesk and Application teams.
3. Governance, Risk, and Compliance
- Participate in technology audit, risk assessment, and compliance activities such as evidence gathering and remediation.
- Produce standard reports on the status of the infrastructure including incidents, uptime, capacity, and performance.
- Promote adoption of highly scalable, well-conditioned architecture standards.
- Identify and remediate single points of failure in the infrastructure design.
- Aid in establishing new standards and reporting within the organization.
- Ensure all support agreements are up to date and renewed in a timely manner.
- Perform technical reviews of third party vendors, including data centre providers.
- Remain current with new technologies and techniques as appropriate.
This role requires a minimum of 3-5 years' experience successfully deploying relevant IT infrastructure. Suitable candidates are self-directing individuals who are able to contribute meaningfully to teamwork, and who demonstrate organizational skills and a well-structured working approach.
The candidate must have:
- Experience designing, integrating and managing complex infrastructure solutions.
- Working knowledge of the technologies deployed at Canada Branch, which include (but are not limited to) Cisco UCS, NetApp Storage , VMware vSphere, Cisco Networking, Windows Server OS, and standard corporate server applications.
- Extensive knowledge of information system best practices, regulations, policies and standards.
- Experience building technology roadmaps.
- Familiarity working in team structures of various size and complexity.
- Experience working with project teams and stakeholders across various specialties (e.g. business, IT application, and infrastructure teams).
- Relationship management skills.
- Ability to manage small projects using project management methodologies.
- Excellent problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, inclusive of strong technical writing and documentation skills.
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Post-secondary education in Computer Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related disciplines.
- CCNA/VCP/MCSA/ITIL industry certifications or equivalent training are preferred.
Chartered in 1981 and assuming its current identity as MUFG Canada Branch, our Canadian Branch is the premier Asia-based global bank in its market. We serve local and Japanese clients from the Atlantic to the Pacific with financial expertise across a number of key industries such as oil and gas, pipelines, power generation, automotive, transportation, and telecom. The receipt of this application by MUFG Bank, Ltd., Canada Branch (“MUFG Canada Branch”), does not imply or guarantee employment. MUFG Canada Branch is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or in any other aspect of employment on the basis of the grounds enumerated in the Canadian human rights act. In addition, MUFG Canada Branch complies with applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. MUFG Canada Branch provides accommodation to individuals in accordance with the requirements outlined in the Canadian human rights act and the Canada Labour Code.
©2020 Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. All rights reserved. The MUFG logo and name is a service mark of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc., and is used by MUFG Bank, Ltd., Canada Branch, with permission.
- Job Technology
- Primary Location Toronto, Canada
- Shift Salary