VP, FinanceApply Now
- Requisition # Req #9
- Job Type Salary
- Location Toronto, ON
- Date Posted 02/05/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do. As the 5th largest bank in the world, our diverse team is connected by a common ambition to create change for the better—from forging more dynamic career paths to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group.
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with over 2,700 locations in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG aims to “be the world’s most trusted financial group” through close collaboration among our operating companies and flexibly responding to all of the financial needs of our customers, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world. MUFG’s shares trade on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York stock exchanges. For more information, visit https://www.mufg.jp/english
- Manage multiple strategic priorities as financial lead, including operational improvements, risk management, compliance, and overall corporate governance;
- Lead transformation team to implement process improvements to enhance data generation, simplify and streamline financial and management reporting processes, reducing lead-time and increasing accuracy;
- Coordinate/communicate with Operations & Technology for the Americas group and Head Office for new system development and business initiatives;
- Establish effective internal controls to ensure financial reporting and general business practices are in compliance with policies;
- Ensure quality control over completeness and accuracy of all financial accounting and reporting;
- Research and analyze the impact of new accounting standards required by OSFI and Head Office;
- Promptly respond to and resolve queries/issues raised by the regulators, external auditors, internal auditors and Head Office;
- Review/monitor various transfer pricing activities including proper accounting of cost/recoveries and settlement;
- Instill financial discipline to increase contributions through cost controls, business case analysis, and analytics driven revenue opportunities
- Expert knowledge in internal controls with Internal/external audit experience.
- Strong accounting/finance background.
- Solid understanding of GAAP and basic tax knowledge.
- Proficiency in Excel and knowledge of other MS applications.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to understand and resolve issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other Business-related field
- Designation – CPA or CA, CIA, MBA
Chartered in 1981 and assuming its current identity as MUFG Canada Branch, our Canadian Branch is the premier Asia-based global bank in its market. We serve local and Japanese clients from the Atlantic to the Pacific with financial expertise across a number of key industries such as oil and gas, pipelines, power generation, automotive, transportation, and telecom. The receipt of this application by MUFG Bank, Ltd., Canada Branch (“MUFG Canada Branch”), does not imply or guarantee employment. MUFG Canada Branch is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or in any other aspect of employment on the basis of the grounds enumerated in the Canadian human rights act. In addition, MUFG Canada Branch complies with applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. MUFG Canada Branch provides accommodation to individuals in accordance with the requirements outlined in the Canadian human rights act and the Canada Labour Code.
©2020 Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. All rights reserved. The MUFG logo and name is a service mark of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc., and is used by MUFG Bank, Ltd., Canada Branch, with permission.
- Job Finance
- Primary Location Toronto, Canada
- Shift Salary