Senior Treasury AssociateApply Now
- Requisition # 10036260-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Walnut Creek, CALIFORNIA
- Other Locations San Francisco, Los Angeles
- Date Posted 06/23/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we care about the details that matter most to our clients. We have our clients’ best interest in mind, drawing on more than 150 years of experience to understand their distinct needs and tailor our solutions. We’re part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world’s most trusted financial group. Trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential. Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
- SALES EXECUTION: Responsible for helping overall Transaction Banking Sales team exceed assigned revenue and sales activity goals. Develop and leverage industry knowledge, as well as treasury systems and operations knowledge, to provide high-level consultative value. Partner with assigned TRMs and TMCs to create appropriate product solutions for clients based on their needs, best practices and regulatory demands. Proactively recommend cross sell opportunities. Reduce non-sales related activities for TRMS and TMCs. Resolve appropriate issues/questions when the TRM or TMC is out of office and refer those as appropriate to partners or other departments for resolution. Participate in all areas related to new client proposals and proposal delivery. Associate will attend client facing meetings as appropriate and will lead meeting specific follow up. Quantitative analysis activities specific to this area include creating draft pricing models, managing AAA related review and drafting working capital management analysis. Assist with the research and creation of written content for complex proposals using Proposal Library, Resource Center and other tools. In collaboration with team leads, TRMS, TMCs and other internal business partners, design client/prospect communications, proposals, account structures, pricing and annual reviews. Associate will be responsible for communicating with clients and internal partners on regular basis via phone/web. Assist with pre-call research and post-call analysis Respond to one-off internal partner or client queries on product capabilities. Develop a network of contacts in Transaction Banking, Product and CCSU to assist in process management and problem resolution. Oversee and review onboarding within Client Delivery team as needed. Communicate effectively and professionally. Be a proactive and collaborative partner.
- RISK/COMPLIANCE: The employee will be expected to demonstrate a commitment to, implement, and follow policies and procedures that support the Bank's Risk Vision, including the Bank's anti-money laundering (AML), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), and other relevant operational, compliance and other risk management-related requirements as appropriate. The employee is expected to further a culture of risk and compliance discipline, which includes, but is not limited to, maintaining compliance with Bank and business process-related policies and procedures, exhibiting a basic understanding of the risks associated with the employee's position, escalating issues of risk concern to management, and maintaining appropriate data integrity and confidentiality with regard to all customer files, customer information and business transactions.
- One year of applicable work experience in treasury management and/or sales required.
- Degree from a four-year college (e.g., B.A, B.S.) or equivalent work experience preferred, plus strong technical experience and skills.
- Knowledge of corporate treasury and financial operations needs is a plus.
- A general understanding of widely used ERP and accounting systems is a plus.
- Proven professional verbal, written, and presentation skills required.
- The ability to work in a team environment; fostering a healthy and collaborative environment with all business partners is needed.
- Effective time management and prioritizing skills are also needed.
- Must be able to deliver extraordinary client experiences.
- Ability to take ownership of projects and see them through to completion is required.
- Travel may be required (0-10%).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.